• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Seeking information about Via Francigena Del Sud Iphone mapping app

Bob from L.A. !

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Francis 2012, 2014, 2016. Camino Norte 2018
Hello all !

I am currently starting my planning for my (Del Sud) walk from Rome to Santa Maria de Leuca and I cannot seem to find any information about a mobile mapping app for this route. (If one even exists!).

I did purchase the english version of the Terre di Mezzo guidebook after paying dearly to have it mailed to the U.S., but I'd rather not carry it to cut down on pack weight.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to Spring !,

Bob

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi Bob,
I am not sure about a dedicated app, but I downloaded these and used them in wikiloc, or whatever other app you like.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Have a look at the Sloways site. They have numerous Italian routes / part routes focusing on the VF and the VFnS. They have an app but not sure if it covers the whole of the route. There is one for the first section though

You can use the GPX files to plan your own versions for Wikiloc / Mappy. This is mine for the Via Appia using RWGPS. I may be guilty of overplanning the POI's though

Attachments

• Via Appia.jpg
    Via Appia.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 6
You ca use AllTrails. Search for Via francigena, segment 106 that is the first stage.
Segment 150 will be the last segment into Leuca.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hello all !

I am currently starting my planning for my (Del Sud) walk from Rome to Santa Maria de Leuca and I cannot seem to find any information about a mobile mapping app for this route. (If one even exists!).

I did purchase the english version of the Terre di Mezzo guidebook after paying dearly to have it mailed to the U.S., but I'd rather not carry it to cut down on pack weight.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to Spring !,

Bob
We are walking it next month.

The official Italian site had lots of info including an App... download for free from their site of Google Play Store. Lots of info on accommodation on website and in App, plus I use booking.com as well.

Also a number of useful blogs around.

I use Organic Maps for navigation on all my Caminos, can get the gpx files for each day off the website. Also great for finding accomodation, cafes, bars etc. Free!

Hi Mick,
Thanks for the reply and the information. Will you be posting daily, weekly updates on your trip? If so, I look forward to reading them.
Once again, Thank you

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone recommend a place to stay in Jougne, the end of the last stage in France? Thanks. Karl

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back