• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Sending items through the mail

karanarttravel

Hello--I'm preparing for the Camino, and I am wondering how to get my 'airport unfriendly' items to Barcelona, Spain without checking them through the airline. I'm from the USA, and the items I need, such as a collapsible walking stick and a swiss army knife, will not make it as carry on items. I wanted no check through luggage, and was wondering if it was possible to send these items through the mail to my Barcelona hostel, and, upon my arrival, be prepared to begin the Camino. What do you think?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi again karanarttravel,

I would ask the hostel in Barcelona before sending your stuff there. They may not have a problem with this, but just in case they do... If they are ok with it, just send it there...

... alternatively, you could send it to yourself at a Barcelona post office (or any Spanish post office). This is called "Poste restante". Have a look here for a definition of what this is:
http://tinyurl.com/czltk

We have touched on "Poste restante" earlier here:
viewtopic.php?t=96
(Towards the bottom)

I hope this helps,
Ivar

Most read last week in this forum