A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Sending items through the mail

Hello--I'm preparing for the Camino, and I am wondering how to get my 'airport unfriendly' items to Barcelona, Spain without checking them through the airline. I'm from the USA, and the items I need, such as a collapsible walking stick and a swiss army knife, will not make it as carry on items. I wanted no check through luggage, and was wondering if it was possible to send these items through the mail to my Barcelona hostel, and, upon my arrival, be prepared to begin the Camino. What do you think?

Advertisment

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Hi again karanarttravel,

I would ask the hostel in Barcelona before sending your stuff there. They may not have a problem with this, but just in case they do... If they are ok with it, just send it there...

... alternatively, you could send it to yourself at a Barcelona post office (or any Spanish post office). This is called "Poste restante". Have a look here for a definition of what this is:
http://tinyurl.com/czltk

We have touched on "Poste restante" earlier here:
viewtopic.php?t=96
(Towards the bottom)

I hope this helps,
Ivar

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Pilgrims here right now

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 32 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 106 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 172 24.6%