• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

LIVE from the Camino Shani: wet and muddy

shani

wet and muddy

am finally in Spain (yes, and the rain IS in Spain) walked today to Portomarin over some beautiful trails. The Camino has been all that I had hoped for, my companions have been fantastic.. and yes, the heating wand ever so useful for geting nice hot drinks. more when i next get to another internet cafe !!

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Portomarin - Palas

(this is posted now in retrospect, after access to internet - we walked to Palas the day after Portomarin) today was the longest day for us on our walk - 25K in all, 17 before lunch and the rest after.... the weather was kinder than yesterday, sl overcast but otherwise not too wet. Beautiful countryside and interesting to see different horreos (I think the old ones are real nice). Had dinner sharing raciones with 5 new friends, now footsore and tired, but as days go by, sharing trails and trails - we have become closer and fonder friends

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum