• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Shipping an item waiting for me in Santiago when I arrive

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances (2014), VdlP (2018), de Levante (2022)
In early September I'll be going from Malaga to Santiago. I have a great duffle bag that I'll be storing my hiking boots and backpack as luggage while traveling by air to Spain. What are some suggestions to transport this empty duffle bag and a couple of other small items I would like to have when I arrive in Santiago? I would rather not carry abandon the duffle bag, but would need it for my return flight.

Appreciate in advance your ideas.

Greg

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi, Greg,

I always do the same thing. When I arrive in Spain, I pack up the duffel and those few small items (neck pillow, headphones for airplane, etc) and ship them via Correos to Santiago. Ivar has a great service in Santiago -- and Tinca has given you the link in the above post.

This may be way too much overkill, but what I do is collapse a sturdy box and put it flat into my backpack before I leave. I also wrap a lot of box tape around one of my hiking poles, all of which I carry on the plane. I bring pre-addressed sticky labels (note that to use Correos you have to have a return address in Spain, so I always just list the address of my first stop). When I arrive in Spain from the US, I make up my own box and present it to Correos. I started doing that once when I was in a place where Correos didn't have any boxes and it was a huge hassle. I think they do have boxes now, but I have just gotten into this habit, it's part of my pre-Camino ritual, and it usually costs about 8 euros to ship my small box to Santiago.

Buen camino, I would love to hear how you like the Mozarabe from Malaga, it's one of my possibilities for 2017!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thank you Tincatinker, your information was spot on!!
Thank you Peregrina2000, your information on bringing a folded box, tape and preaddressed labels is great information. I'll certainly keep you posted as to my hike on the Camino Mozarabe/Malaga. It seems to be one of the less traveled Caminos until Merida on the Via de la Plata.

Thanks everyone here. This is a great piece of information! We will definitely take advantage of this.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum