• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

SJDP to Burgos Sept 2012

kogga

Time of past OR future Camino
Aept 2012
Let me try again.We were 4 South Africans over 60 who walked the above in 14 days.most probably the best part of the Camino.We travelled to Madrid,then bus to Pamplona,then taxi to SJDP.Booked accomodation in Madrid,SJDP,Orisson and found it necessary.The taxi driver on route pointed out the route to us,so we knew what was awaiting.Taxi was good choice.We sightseen SJDP,stayed at Chemin Alburgue,bought food the next morning and walked 8 km to Gite Kayola,belongs to Orisson.This short walk was a good choice,for the Pyrenees the next day.Advice:do not walk to fast,bad on knees and shins.Enjoy the things you see on the route,you miss a lot if you walk to fast.The Camino is not a walk for everyone,msome can some not,BUT it remains with you forever.Buen Camino.Johann

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hello to you in South-Africa!

Last september along the Frances I met very nice people, some of them was from South-Africa. First there was a young lady with long dark hair and hurting ancle, can't remember her name, but we had two communal dinners in Villambistia and Hontanas. Enjoyable moments :). Later in Atapuerca there was "a suburb of South-Africa", two married couples in one albergue dormitory. At that time I was getting quite bad plisters which made me sad then, but these people told nice stories and were so kind in many ways too.

I would like to send them warm greetings from very snowy and wintrish Finland :D

Erja

Hallo Erja,I think you are speaking to one of the "suburb"couples from South Africa? Can you remember what they looked like.Our names were Johann and Mirrie Pretorius and Chris and Irene van der Westhuisen.We only walked from St Jean de Port to Burgos,then we spend 3 days in Madrid and then 9 days in Ireland.
Keep well and God bless - Johann Pretorius.My email adress is: kogga@webmail.co.za - send me an email - would like to chat!!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.