• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

SJPD to Finisterre and Back to SJPD

oneknee1

Scot from Scotland
Time of past OR future Camino
Completed Frances (2017), Finisterre/Muxia (2017), Portuguese Porto (2017) on Inglese (2017)
Hi All,
Am planning to walk from SJPD to Finisterre and then making the return trip back to SJPD this year dates not yet decided.
Do many pilgrims make this journey each year? Do I need a second pilgrim passport for the return journey? Any advice on the subject would be most welcome.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The return route from Fisterra is a bit difficult because it does not have good waymarks. Look for spiral blue arrows. Just be prepared. You can use the same credencial for both directions, but if it fills up, add a blank sheet of paper, or get another one.

1. Do many pilgrims make this journey each year? A few thousand

2. Do I need a second pilgrim passport for the return journey? No, you can just use the one you used for the way to Santiago or, if you run out of space, put a blank paper sheet in it for more space.

Buen Camino, SY

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Many thanks to both SY and falcon 269 for your input. The other option I have is to do the Le Puy to Finisterre instead which would you recommend?

If you have the time, by all means start in Le Puy, it will prepare you well for the Pyrenees plus it is one of the most, if not the most, beautiful pilgrimage road I have ever walked and having 'done' so far 10,000km on European pilgrimages routes that is saying something. Buen Camino! SY

I think that the Le Puy route is the best camino, so I would start there!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
MANY THAKS TO YOU BOTH. LE PUY IT IS!!

Many thanks to both SY and falcon 269 for your input. The other option I have is to do the Le Puy to Finisterre instead which would you recommend?
Le Puy, with no hesitation.

Thanks Anemone.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum