• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

sjpdp stay for a night or continue to orisson

ofer ofer

Time of past OR future Camino
sjpdp stay for a night or continue to orisson if i land at biarritz airport at 0830 ?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
yes, i want ofcourse to explore sjpdp...will it be enough?
land at 0830 at biarritz airport...

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I was able to see all of SJPdP in a couple of hours. You would have enough time to continue onward. Hounto has enough spaces to accept drop-ins, so you could stop there instead of Orisson. They have a great communal meal where the hoi poloi mix with the hotel guests.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
0830 arrival at BIQ will allow sufficent time to catch 1110 train from Gare Bayonne to SJPdP arriving at 1208.

You can do your own estimate on how you want to spend your day and whether there is sufficient time to walk 8 km uphill to Orisson.

But, as Orisson is soooooo popular you will probably need a prior reservation. Don't expect to get one on the day even if calling from St Jean prior to departure.
Regards
Gerard

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum