Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store

Slightly different Christmas wishes for you ...

David

Veteran Member
Year of past OR future Camino
Hello all. Here we are again, Christmas .. out on Camino it seems that most of us cannot do enough for each other ... back home, in the 'real' world not all of us remember to be like this ...

I am ok, I am in the bosom of my family for Christmas .. but, for others, there is still time - no excuses, there are always too many excuses, let no parent be alone on Christmas Day ... not one ...

In your Hearts, and in your Homes, Peace - and a Merry Christmas to you all

Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.

Dennis D

Francés - 2014
Francés - 2015
Francés - 2016
Francés - 2017
Francés - 2018
Francés - 2019
(2020 - ?)

David you once again posted something that puts tears in my eyes.

Thank you for everything you do on this Forum and of course what you do twice a year for Pilgrims on the Camino.

May you enjoy a prosperous and healthy New Year and a Merry Christmas.

Oregon's Mark

May, 2017; return, leaving SJPP May 24, 2018, Frances #3 in May-June, 2019
Hello all. Here we are again, Christmas .. out on Camino it seems that most of us cannot do enough for each other ... back home, in the 'real' world not all of us remember to be like this ...

I am ok, I am in the bosom of my family for Christmas .. but, for others, there is still time - no excuses, there are always too many excuses, let no parent be alone on Christmas Day ... not one ...

Wow, how wonderful. Thanks for posting.

Wokabaut_Meri

somewhere along the Way
Camino Francés 2015
Pilgrims Way 2018
Via Francigena #1 Canterbury-Dover 2018
David
Thank you for this beautiful reminder of how we get so caught up in the busyness of growing up and living that we forget our parents are growing older in the meantime...

A touch of the Camino in our alternative worlds - to live a full life of no regrets...

Wishing you and those you love a wonderful Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year.

Be Well. Go Well.

Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery

Micah26

Camino France's (2018)
Thank you for this beautiful message of the season. I now live with my 92 yr old mother who is starting to fail with blood cancer. Every day is a blessing that I have her here. We are preparing for my Camino together which I will take after her passing. Many of us are so blessed but get lost in the peripheral fluff, thank you for drawing us back to the essential. Happy Holidays!

pilgrim b

Veteran Member
Caminos Frances 2013-Ingles 2014-Frances 2015
St Cuthbert's Way 2017-Via Francigena 2018 & 2019
Thank you David, for this reminder, the remarkable thing is opportunities appear for each of us to honour parents, be they our own, or someone elses. We just need to be as open as we were on our camino to the needs of others.
Blessings to you this Christmas and to all on this Forum a Peacful Christmas to everyone.
b

Sixwheeler

Spot on as ever David. Happy Christmas.

susanawee

susanawee
Camino Frances-(2013/14/18
Camino Salvado Perth -(2015)
West Highland Way (2016)
Lyon France 2017
Thank you for posting this very Heartfelt and Moving little Video which reminds us that there is really never enough time - we should not keep putting off until tomorrow, what we both can and should do today, not only with our own families but with others out there who may be alone and hurting, especially at this time of the year. David, I send Warm Greetings and Wishes to you and your Loved ones and also Thank you for the work you do each year out on the Camino.

Holy Year Credential
Get the HOLY YEAR Camino Credential (Passport) here.
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.

Peter Fransiscus

Be a Rainbow in someone else's cloud.
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
Wow,this puts the finger on the perfect spot.
Thank you for sharing this.
I wish you and your loved ones a Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healty 2017 David.

FamPed

Pilgrim
There are many different Pilgrim Routes and Caminos in life.
Thank you David for reminding each and everyone of us to remain humble and thankfull and to honor our older generations with love.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads