• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

solar charger for CF?

• Thread starter Deleted member 86885
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 86885

has anyone used a solar charger for the CF? they are heavy but i wonder if they would eliminate some hassle?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
has anyone used a solar charger for the CF? they are heavy but i wonder if they would eliminate some hassle?

One thing to consider is that the Camino goes from town to town, not from trailhead to an isolated wilderness area .

Solar panel devices are not really needed. If you are going to be power-hungry with electronics, then a better choice would be a power bank similar to this. Even when you stop for a long lunch or break at a bar or small restaurant along the day's walk, you can ask to use their wall sockets to top off a charge on a cell phone or whatever you have.

I found that even when taking photos and using offline mapping functions, that my iPhone had ample power for each day on my Caminos.

thx! nope no high powered electronics just iphone. well that just saved me some $ and weight

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Leave it home. Too heavy, too complicated and wholly unnecessary. Bring your cable and a charger that can handle 220 VAC, 50 Hz.

Most all smartphone / tablet chargers are rated 110 - 240 VAC, 50 - 60 Hz, so all they need is an inexpensive adapter plug to convert the two flat pins (USA/CAN) to two round pins (EU).

When you find your first China store, China Bazar, Oriental Bazar, etc. in Spain (like in Pamplona) buy an inexpensive (< €3) 3-way "cube tap" so you can share one outlet with other pilgrims where outlets are at a premium.

Hope this helps.

Most read last week in this forum