• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Starting Camino Frances the 2 May, 2019

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
How fabulous for you two! I’ll be five days behind you. Arriving to SJPP from northern CA. I’m speedy and may just catch up to say “howdy”. This is Camino numero 2 for me. Buen Camino to you both!
Hi there,
I will start in Pamplona the 29th April. First Camino for me!
I’m from Sydney, Australia. My name is Andrea!
I’ll see you there😉

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi there,
I’ll see you there😉
We’re leaving SJ on the 28th, a few days behind you.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi there,
I’ll see you there😉
Hi Andy,
My son ( from Gold Coast) loved his first Camino, finishing 800klm later in 2017 from SJPdP. We went through to Valcarlos for the first night, then Roncesvalles on the 2nd. He started up his own Camino family through Whatsapp. I wasn't invited onto that! He went too hard in the first 2/3 days and got an Achilles heel problem. It settled and he would often walk off trail into the mountains, returning 40 klms later. He really did his 'own' Camino. He felt very creative....and we often stayed in different albergues. He also fell in love 3 times. He really regretted not walking on to Muxia then Finistere that year. He'll be back. We still talk about our friends & times on the Frances. Buen Camino mi amigo....
Love

Hi Andy,
My son ( from Gold Coast) loved his first Camino, finishing 800klm later in 2017 from SJPdP. We went through to Valcarlos for the first night, then Roncesvalles on the 2nd. He started up his own Camino family through Whatsapp. I wasn't invited onto that! He went too hard in the first 2/3 days and got an Achilles heel problem. It settled and he would often walk off trail into the mountains, returning 40 klms later. He really did his 'own' Camino. He felt very creative....and we often stayed in different albergues. He also fell in love 3 times. He really regretted not walking on to Muxia then Finistere that year. He'll be back. We still talk about our friends & times on the Frances. Buen Camino mi amigo....
Love
(His mum)

Great we are also starting May 2 from SJPdP. We are from California and will look for you. Are you staying at Orisson?
Currently we're planning on spending the night in SJPDP and the next day to Roncesvalle. Probably see ya on the trail.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I will also start my Camino at SJPP on 30th April. I arrive to SJPP at evening of 29th.
I too arrive at SJPP in the evening on the 29th, arriving by train from Bayonne having travelled from Paris. Not long now till departure day!

Hello , I also start 2nd May with another 2 over the hill Australians , we may catch you along the way , cheers oh and Buen Camino!!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I too arrive at SJPP in the evening on the 29th, arriving by train from Bayonne having travelled from Paris. Not long now till departure day!

My flight is landing to Biarriz (from Helsinki, plane change in Paris) at 17:35 and I've booked seat from Express Bourricot. I'll arrive to SJPP around 19:00. I thought about taking train from Bayonne but chose to go with them straight to SJPP.

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hello. This Michigan native will be walking from Santiago to Finisterre starting on June 4, and then on to Muxia. May see you on the road, if you take 34 days to get to Santiago. Roots and Boots in Santiago is a very good albergue. Buen Camino.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.