• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

starting Camino in the middle of April

skirmaamb

Time of past OR future Camino
i will go to make my camino on middle of April 2013
Labas/Hello everyone!

I will start my camino in the middle of April (not sure about exact date yet) and I am (like I guess U all) really looking forward to it! and I am a bit nervous also.. i hope its normal ;)

I wanted to ask about the weather conditions, as I heard it could rain a lot at that time and it also could be cold (but what temperature approximately it is called "cold"? :) )?

Also I have a question about credential - is it issued in St. Jean without any pre-registrations and so on (I shouldn't register by internet or smth?)? Maybe its a silly question, but I didn't find info about it. Cause in my country our piligrim office is issuing piligrims passports only if we start piligrim way in Lithuania :)

Thank U in advance for the information :)

Greetings from Vilnius, LT,
Skirma

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi Skirma!

The pilgrim office in SJPP issues credencials with no need to register or do anything beforehand. Just turn up.

The weather is unpredictable, so be prepared for anything. I walked from mid April in 2011 and it was perfect. Warm and sunny but not too hot. 2012 was cooler. You'll be unlucky to see snow, but expect some rain.

Buen Camino!

Lituania 114 (2011), 169 (2012)
Your numbers are growing! I have met one Lithuanian and one Estonian on the Camino. You can get the credential at the Pilgrim Office in SJPdP, or at the Cathedral or the Jesus y Maria albergue in Pamplona if you pass through there before going to SJPdP.

High elevations can be below freezing in April. Generally, the albergues are warmer! There have been snow storms crossing the Pyrenees in April that prevent safe walking. The Pilgrim Office will advise you on the safe course of action.

Buen camino!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I walked from StJPP on 20 April 2012, We took the Valcarlos route due to high winds, snow and fog on the Napoleon.. The pilgrim office advised against the high road. The weather was generaly wet and cold for the first couple of weeks with the odd sunny warm day thrown in to keep our spirits up. Having said that spring is a beautiful time along the camino, new growth, spring flowers and the hope of better weather. Each year is different I suppose but when I walk the camino again (2014 hopefuly) it will be in April.
Buen Camino. Have a great one. :arrow:

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum

Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...
From a friend on the ground in Pamplona https://www.noticiasdenavarra.com/fotos/general/sociedad/2024/04/23/nieve-primaveral-presente-navarra-8152386.html

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back