• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Starting from Bilbao, 1st June

VilleP

Time of past OR future Camino
El camino del norte, in june 2014.
Hey!

I am Ville, 26-year old guy from Finland, and soon I am coming to spain for walking northern camino. For my first camino, I was going to walk Camino Frances but now I have changed my mind and I will walk northern way. This northern route seems to be more attracting to me. Sea and possible rain and green atmosphere with mountains and less people feels to be nice for me. Ive been thinking that later I may take camino primitivo to the santiago. Anybody else here reading this thread walking northern camino, maybe near bilbao, now?

But well now in saturday, 31th May I will fly to Bilbao and get ready for camino and now I have some questions, that I hope someone of you can answer to me? (Thank you already):

- Is there any possibility to get pilgrim´s passport from Bilbao in saturday? Where do I get that? Ive read that there is some office but it is closed in saturdays. Can I get passport from albergues?
- If I dont have pilgrim´s passport yet I suppose that I cant sleep in albergue for pilgrims, like this http://caminodesantiago.consumer.es/albergue-de-peregrinos-de-bilbao Or is it possible to sleep there without passport and without sellos yet?
- I suppose that If I dont get passport yet from Bilbao, then I have to collect sellos just for some paper I carry with and I may get passport later in some albergue? Where? How often albergues have passports?

I think that later I will post something here on this thread about my camino.. Looking forward to meeting you all that are on the way now, buen camino

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hey Ville,
I would like to start from Bilbao as well but in September .. Do you know if there's any group I can join for info on the route please?

Good luck mate,

Glenda

Most read last week in this forum

My group of six arrives in Irun on May 20 and we're starting our Camino on May 21. Since it's the beginning of the busy season, I'm wondering if we should order trekking poles from Amazon Espana...
Elevation map shows this is really steep! What’s the best way from downtown Hondarribia up there? Then wish me luck on the Purgatorio—I am a nervous wreck.
On the Norte...started Morgo headed to Santilanna del mer...today...wonderful walk.... 1st 7k and last 7k ...the middle industrail zone was meh. Just past polonca met loverly local spanish...
If anyone is in an albergues in or near Santillana del mar on the 1st of May and comes across Nadia from Ottawa would they kindly point her in the direction of this thread. Thanks all.....

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back