• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Starting from Matosinhos on Wednesday!

jayceebee

Time of past OR future Camino
CF (Starting from Pamplona, April 2023)
Bag is packed, weather forecast looks like rain, but we've got our waterproofs at the ready!
My partner and I fly into Porto tomorrow evening, then we'll spend the night in Matosinhos and start from there on Wednesday.
Due to time restrictions we won't be going all the way to Santiago - we've only got a week of walking, but we're hoping to make it to Vigo if all goes to plan. Then bus it back to Porto and spend a day there before our flight home.
We did Pamplona to Burgos on the Frances last year and fell in love with the rhythm of walking and the chance to connect to ourselves, each other and other pilgrims while moving through such beautiful landscapes. Definitely made me want to do more and explore other camino routes, hence this year's adventure. Maybe not a true pilgrimage by some people's definitions but there was a lot of meaning for us in last year's trip even just doing a partial route.
We pre-booked private rooms at each stage last time and were so grateful for the space and quiet of that so we've done the same this time. I've had so much vicarious pleasure from other people's on-the-way updates over the years and am hoping to be able to post my own this time, subject to wifi/data availability.
I started researching the camino at the end of 2019 with the hopes of starting in March 2020... and we all know what happened to plans around that time! So I've been lurking on the forum for a few years now and I'm really grateful to have had access to such a treasure trove of wisdom, support and community. So here's to hopefully contributing to that in some small way once our journey begins!
Thanks for reading. ☀️❤️👣

Last edited by a moderator:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
My partner and I fly into Porto tomorrow evening, then we'll spend the night in Matosinhos and start from there on Wednesday.
Looks like I'll be a day behind you. My flight to Porto lands Tue eve. I'm planning to stroll an easy day to Matosinhos from the cathedral on Wednesday, then continue up the coastal on Thursday.
Bom camino!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Maybe not a true pilgrimage by some people's definitions
What you’re doing is definitely a “true” pilgrimage regardless of what some might say. The journey starts in your heart and mind and I’d say that you’re well on your way already as a pilgrim! We walked this route last year and thoroughly enjoyed it. Bom Caminho!

(...) fell in love with the rhythm of walking and the chance to connect to ourselves, each other and other pilgrims while moving through such beautiful landscapes.
It sounds like a definition of pilgrimage to me :)
Will enjoy reading your journey
Bueno Camino

Bag is packed, weather forecast looks like rain, but we've got our waterproofs at the ready!
Due to time restrictions we won't be going all the way to Santiago - we've only got a week of walking, but we're hoping to make it to Vigo if all goes to plan. Then bus it back to Porto and spend a day there before our flight home.
We did Pamplona to Burgos on the Frances last year and fell in love with the rhythm of walking and the chance to connect to ourselves, each other and other pilgrims while moving through such beautiful landscapes. Definitely made me want to do more and explore other camino routes, hence this year's adventure. Maybe not a true pilgrimage by some people's definitions but there was a lot of meaning for us in last year's trip even just doing a partial route.
We pre-booked private rooms at each stage last time and were so grateful for the space and quiet of that so we've done the same this time. I've had so much vicarious pleasure from other people's on-the-way updates over the years and am hoping to be able to post my own this time, subject to wifi/data availability.
I started researching the camino at the end of 2019 with the hopes of starting in March 2020... and we all know what happened to plans around that time! So I've been lurking on the forum for a few years now and I'm really grateful to have had access to such a treasure trove of wisdom, support and community. So here's to hopefully contributing to that in some small way once our journey begins!
We are planning to walk the same route next year so I will be very interested in where you stay along the way as well as your journey. I am still on the fence as to booking through a tour company or just booking hotels on my own. Good luck to your walk. I hope you have amazing weather.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Thank you everyone for all the kind words and encouragement! We're looking forward to getting on our way.
More soon hopefully, and thanks again in the meantime. ❤️

Ahhh, Matosinhos ... one the best lunches we had was at the Fish Market. You pick the fish or seafood you prefer and the restaurant cooks it for you. Absolutely delicious. I finished my Portuguese on April 30th from Lisbon, got my friend to join me in Porto and did the Litoral way all the way to Vigo and then swung inland to join the Coastal & Central to Santiago. The Litoral was my favourite. Buen Camino🙏

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Have a wonderful time! Having walked the Francés last year and currently on the camino portuges - I have found that each has its own rhythm, difference and beauty. I look forward to hearing your observations!

Most read last week in this forum

I have been reading on the forum that many have suggested skipping the complicated walk in and out of Vigo. As I am time limited I am going to take this advice and get a taxi from one side to the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back