• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Starting in Logroño 10/08/2020

Lirsy

Time of past OR future Camino
Primitivo, Norte, Francés, Volunteer Hospitalero.
By shortening the Camino from Porto to Tui, it became a really short Camino. I have decided to start a new one. Due to some transportation difficulties, Saint Jean, Roncesvalles or Pamplona were a bit difficult to reach and I decided to start in Logroño. Tomorrow I will travel to Logroño and start walking on Monday.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I will, I will :)

I just finished the CP from Tui and I didn´t have any sensation of danger. The albergues were at the 25% +/- capacity, absolutely clean ... and not any problem finding albergue (even if I never make reservations). I hope the CF will be the same.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Buen camino Lirsy, I have walked the CF from Fromista to SDC (expected tomorrow) in two stages since Spain reopened on July 1 and if you do a bit of checking and planning ahead, you should be fine finding albergue’s open. Use Wise Pilgrim app’s list, countercheck availability with Booking.com (if applicable) and/or call ahead. I also find that enough Spanish bars ☕🍮🍷 along the Camino have reopened their doors. Enjoy and stay safe.

Hi!

Just to update the situation in Logroño.

I arrived Logroño yesterday and I went to the albergue municipal (without reservation). Absolutely not any problem. The albergue only became full (or near full, I am not sure) around 20:00.

The albergue is working at the 50% of its capacity.

As I found out that there is a bus to Saint Jean on Monday, I decided to change my plans and to start in Saint Jean.

Dear Lirsy, I just finished my Camino in SDC, great for you that it is only starting and then in SJPDP. Are you staying over at Orisson, well recommended? Stay safe and take extra care of the wonderful Spanish people on the Camino. Buen Camino!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Unfortunately I will arrive to SJPP a little late. I would arrive Orison a little late for the diner:rolleyes:. I really wished to go to Orison in order to split the stage, but I will have to stay in Saint Jean .... I hope I will survive tomorrow!!😂

Well, I've already reached Roncesvalles.
Probably because I had so much against climbing those 1300 m, the stage seemed easy to me.

I've been lucky with the weather. Cloudy but not raining. On the dark side, a very strong wind that made walking quite difficult.

By the way, another demonstration that the Camino is magical: no matter in which direction you walk (towards Santiago or back towards home) the wind ALWAYS pushes you back! 😂

Ok, getting into the issue of albergues: in SJPdP the albergue municipal was full, but a lot of space in other albergues. I went to the hare and the tortoise. Nice albergue, nice managers, I recommend it.

In Roncesvalles I had a reservation (as there is no real alternative, I always reserve in Roncesvalles) but it really is not necessary, a lot of free space.

In general I would say that the number of pilgrims is optimal. More than enough to have company, but not enough to make the Camino full of people.

I miss all those non-European pilgrims! Please, non-Europeans, come back as soon as possible. The Camino will increase a lot its diversity with you on it !!

I will keep updating the situation of the albergues for 2 or 3 days .... But in general, there is not any problem finding bed.

I forgot to tell you that effectively the prices of the albergues are now a little higher. You have to think in 15 Euros.

I have only reached Roncesvalles and checked Zubiri. May be after Pamplona or Logroño the situation is different.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Today I have arrived in Larrasoaña.

At one o'clock in the afternoon, an albergue in Zubiri was full, but you could find a place in the others. Prices in Zubiri were around 15 euros. I arrived in Larrasoaña around 3 PM. I found albergue without any problem. Price 16 euros.

By the way, yesterday in Roncesvalles they had 89 pilgrims. The maximum capacity of the albergue is around 95/100 pilgrims (that depends on how many pilgrims are family and can get together in the same room)

In order to avoid this thread be too long or boring, I'll stop updating the situation today. If I see something special, I will keep you informed.

Today I arrived in Pamplona. I could not go ahead because the two albergues in Cizur are closed (one due to the 2020 situation and the other for a health problem of the owner). This has caused the next two albergues to become full, so I had to stay in Pamplona.

There is no problem finding an albergue in Pamplona. I went to Jesus and Maria. The price was 10 euros.

I called the Puente la Reina Padres Reparadores and they told me that there will be no problem tomorrow.

As a summary I would say that:
  • There is no problem finding albergues.
  • There is no need to make reservations even if it is convenient to, at least, make a phone call the night before or even during the same morning to make sure the albergue is open and not full.
  • The prices are a bit higher (think 12/13 euros on average).
  • The number of pilgrims ... I'd say it's perfect! :D ;)
As I said before, if I see any particularly relevant issues, I'll update the information.

I forgot this: You can't cook in the albergues. You can only use the microwave.

Last edited:
IMG_20200816_151104.jpg

Just to relax the situation a bit!
Albergue in Torres del Rio. 22 euros including bed, dinner or lunch and swimming pool. BTW ... the lunch was quite good!!😁😁

You already know that the Camino implies a lot of suffering!!😂😂😂😂

More seriously now, against several guides, today we walked 28 kilometers and left just 21 km to Logroño. It seems to me a much better alternative than stopping at Los Arcos.

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.