• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Starting in SJPDP from Madrid

Ranly

Time of past OR future Camino
doing my first Camino on Aug-Sep
hi all, I'm arriving to Madrid on Aug 29th 10:40am. What is the best way to get to SJPDP if I want to get there the same day? do I need to buy train tickets in advance? Is there anyone here that arrive the same time and want to get to SJPDP together?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
hi all, I'm arriving to Madrid on Aug 29th 10:40am. What is the best way to get to SJPDP if I want to get there the same day? do I need to buy train tickets in advance? Is there anyone here that arrive the same time and want to get to SJPDP together?
You have a flight operated by Iberia from Madrid to Biarritz at 16:10-17:15 for 120€ on that day (www.skyscanner.net). Easy to catch a bus to Bayonne and (last) train to SJPdP (18:30).

Flying Madrid to Pamplona is much more expensive (246€).

Or catch a train from Madrid Atocha at 15:05-18:26 to Pamplona for approx.35€ (www.renfe.com)
I don't know when the bus from Pamplona to SJPdP is leaving though.

Buen Camino!

Bus from Pamplona to SJPdP:
  • 10:00 (1/6 - 30/9)
  • 12:00 (20/6 - 5/9)
  • 14:30 (1/3 - 2/11)
  • 17:30 (1/4 - 2/11)
There are buses from the Madrid airport terminal T-4 to Pamplona several times per day. Check alsa.com for the times and fares.

Buen camino.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Buen Camino Ranly.

I'm doing that Sept.7. Train from Madrid to Pamplona was the best solution, then bus or share cab..

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum