• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Starting just before Sahagún/mid-way from Roncesvalles?

bitesizedtravel

Time of past OR future Camino
Francès Leon-SdC (2014)
Portuguese Coastal & Central Route (2017)
Hello there,
My flight plans have me arriving in Madrid a few days before the friend I'm planning to walk with from León. To get the most out of my time in Spain, I thought I may start my Camino a little further back - as far as Sahagún. Since it's close to the mid-point marker near Ermita de la Virgen del Puente, I wondered about walking out that far the day I arrive in Sahagún and "starting" from that point, before returning to Sahagún and overnighting there.

Before Ermita de la Virgen del Puente, where is the closest stop (bar/church/tourist office/anywhere else) to get a stamp so my starting point is relatively accurate - San Nicolás del Real Camino?

I haven't had much luck finding other forum posts about this, so I thought I'd mine the minds of those who've walked through from their earlier starting points. Thanks in advance - any information and advice is greatly appreciated!
Krista

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Krisra,

San Nicolas del Real Camino is roughly 7 k east of Sahagun on the CF. There is a private albergue, Albergueria Laganares, plaza de la iglesia, and a very pleasant bar/restaurant Casa Barrunta, Calle Otero 11, where I have often eaten on route to Sahagun. Casa Barrunta is VERY pilgrim friendly and would happily stamp your Crendential.

The Ermita de la Virgen del Puente is only 3 k east of Sahagun on the CF. Periodically it is open with camino related exhibits so you might be able to obtain your first sello there.

Buen Camino,

Margaret Meredith

Last edited:
Thank you so much for the information, it was exactly what I was looking for!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum