• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Starting Mid - way - Probably Astorga

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
A good plan! The train station is at the bottom of the hill. The bus station is next to the cathedral. Banks and mobile phone stores are closed from about noon Saturday until Monday morning. The Bishop's Palace open hours are a bit strange. It seemed like the cathedral was always closed (at least when I was out and about). Chocolate is readily available. If you want a hearty meal, find a cocido Maragato (but only if you like pig, and lots of it). San Javier Albergue is next to the cathedral. The menu del dia is much better than the menu peregrino at the Gaudi Hotel. That is what I remember; buen camino. :)

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi Jonathan,
Wish you a Buen Camino!

Enjoy life
Enjoy each other!

Hello Jonathan welcome to the forum Falcon has given you some good information and this is the place to find out anything bout the camino that you want to know. Look forward to a great adventure Buen Camino

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
HI I am Jonathan from Australia and I will be walking the last 1/3 or so commencing on around 15-16 September.

Hope to see you soon.

Hi Jonathan, you will have a great time. The albergue San Javier I can recommend, I stayed there last May a very nice place. And as Falcon stated close to the cathedral.
Wish you a Buen Camino, Peter.

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings to all. I posted a few days ago stating that I will begin my first Camino in St. Jean-pied-de-Port on 29 August and that I will take it slow and steady to Santiago de Compostela...
Good morning! My name is Samantha, and I am planning my first camino for May 2025. I am a bit overwhelmed trying to make a list of everything I need to have planned prior to starting. Does anyone...
Hello! I will start my first Camino at the beginning of June 2024 and plan to start my month-long journey from Bilbao walking roughly 2 weeks on Camino Del Norte and then switching to Camino Del...
Hi all, last year I done the camino portuguese with my two daughters last year but this year I'm doing the camino frances solo. I fly into Bizarrtz on 26th July and plan to start the following...
Hello, I am looking for contact to friend/pillgrim Ignacio from Argentina. He started Camino sanabrese from Ourense 14.may and finished 20.may in Santiago. If you know him, please contact me.
As a new member of the forum who has been reading clandestinely for the past three months or so, I have to say how much I enjoy the entries--not simply for the collective wisdom from all of you...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.