• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Staying in Santander

LarryC

Time of past OR future Camino
Saint Jean Pied de Port to Burgos 2012
Burgos to Leon August/September 2014
I am returning to do another 8 days Camino commencing 28 August 2014. I have already walked from SJPD to Burgos and now hope to recommence in Burgos and walk to Leon. I will be flying in to Santander and taking the bus to Burgos. I will take the bus back from Leon to Santander to fly home. My problem is that I will have to take the bus to Santander on the day before I fly as the bus schedule won't get me to Santander in time on the day. Is it possible to stay in a Camino alberge in Santander if I present my Camino passport.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi, LarryC,

I don't think you technically meet the requirements for the municipal albergue. I've stayed there on arrival into town by train, but only because I was walking the next day. Having said that, though, if the hospitalero is feeling generous and the albergue is not full, I wouldn't be surprised if you got a bed.

I know some people who stayed here because they wanted a reservation, and they said it was nice:
http://www.hostelsantander.com It's not specifically a camino albergue, so there may be college aged party kids, but that would be an alternative. And I suppose the height of the college extravaganza trips would be over since you'll be there in September.

Buen camino, Laurie

Most read last week in this forum