• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Talking to the young

Time of past OR future Camino
VdlP(2012) Madrid(2014)Frances(2015) VdlP(2016)
VdlP(2017)Madrid/Sanabres/Frances reverse(2018)
Today I have been invited to go back to my old school, (I've been retired for a few years), to talk to the upper primary children about pilgrimage and the Camino. I hope they give me plenty of time! It'll be a real thrill. Any of you received similar invitations?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
That is great news Paul. I was invited to write an article for my old school yearbook about my Camino and it went down well, I got more enquiries from the teachers than the students about the Camino afterwards.
I was also invited not to talk about the Camino by my wife after about a month of me saying "when I was on the Camino this happened and when I was on the Camino that happened". I became a Camino bore, I soon learned not to mention it unless asked.

How wonderful, Peregrinopaul! The kids are going to love the time you spend with them and they will treasure the stories (specially if you have pictures of the camino). I am a retired teacher (42 years!), and while I was working I found that having guest lecturers in my courses gave my students a much greater understanding of the world. Be prepared for the many questions they will ask you. Some may ask you about technical questions so they can dream about doing it when the time comes. Have you thought of sharing your experiences at local libraries and senior citizen centers? Good luck,

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
A bit like when Howard Wollowitz came back from the ISS?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum