• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Taxis or shared rides available to Sarria/Samos from Ourense, Jun 1, 2024

catholicchiro

Time of past OR future Camino
Arrive June 1st in Madrid. The only train I can find gets me to Sarria very late in the evening with a 7 hour layover in Ourense. I am looking to get a taxi, private driver or shared ride to Samos or even Sarria around 12:30 pm. I figured I can then get to Samos easily from Sarria.
Any suggestions?
Thank you.
Lola

Prepare for your next Camino on California's Santa Catalina Island, Oct 27 to Nov 2
Try looking for a train to Ourense and then a separate train to Sarria. Or train to Santiago, bus to Lugo, bus to Sarria ( you may even find a bus to Samos otherwise taxi). Or fly Madrid to Santiago, bus, bus, (taxi). Or spend the night in Madrid and travel early the next morning.

I don’t think you’ll find a ride share from Ourense. It’s not a journey that many would undertake. You could, of course, just walk to Santiago from Ourense and save yourself a lot of bother

What time does your plane arrive in Madrid? Both Sarria and Samos are small towns, and there are currently works on the train line in this region and at the train station out of Madrid that serves. There are limited ways to get there.

You can take a bus or train to Ourense and then a cab to Sarria or Samos. You can fly to Santiago and take a bus direct to Samos from the airport (one per day leaves around noon) or a bus to Lugo and then transfer to another bus to Sarria. Or take a train to Santiago and then a bus. The bus company that serves Samos and Sarria is Monbus. Hope that helps. There's no really fast way to get there on June 1.

Prepare for your next Camino on California's Santa Catalina Island, Oct 27 to Nov 2
What time does your plane arrive in Madrid? Both Sarria and Samos are small towns, and there are currently works on the train line in this region and at the train station out of Madrid that serves. There are limited ways to get there.

You can take a bus or train to Ourense and then a cab to Sarria or Samos. You can fly to Santiago and take a bus direct to Samos from the airport (one per day leaves around noon) or a bus to Lugo and then transfer to another bus to Sarria. Or take a train to Santiago and then a bus. The bus company that serves Samos and Sarria is Monbus. Hope that helps. There's no really fast way to get there on June 1.
I will check out Monbus. Do you have suggestions for taxi/cab company? I only find companies that you send a request and then drivers take bids. Can you just get a taxi at the train station?

There will be a cab stand at the station (bus or train or airport). Just go out and stand by the sign and someone will come along.

Cab drivers in these smaller towns are often individuals who own their cab or whose family owns the cab with family members driving at different shifts. You will also see taxi signs with a phone number all along the Camino.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
@catholicchiro, pull up a map of Galicia on your IT. Take a look at the journey you’re proposing. Plot it into rome2rio. Via Santiago be more practical but… what time do you expect to exit Madrid and do you have an accommodation reservation you are trying to meet?

Train line app shows train ex Madrid at 16:00 arriving Sarria 21:15 via Ourense on 1st June

I will check out Monbus. Do you have suggestions for taxi/cab company? I only find companies that you send a request and then drivers take bids. Can you just get a taxi at the train station?
Thank you :)

There will be a cab stand at the station (bus or train or airport). Just go out and stand by the sign and someone will come along.
Thank you. Much appreciated!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, I have to cut short my walk today to do some business so I’m going to take the train from Soto de Luiña to Novellana. It is a small town there’s no one here besides me and I don’t know...
hi all! I am heading to camino de santiago in august (doing the last 100k) and after 4 days of walking i'd love to end my trip to spain relaxing on a beach. My question is, which beach is the...
Hello. We are 2 people (first timers) who are hoping to begin our Camino from Sarria on Satruday 15th June. However I have been told that if you use the postal service to transfer bags from A to...
Hi Friends! Lauren here :) We are having a blast on our Camino, just reached Baiona yesterday. I need help. I’ve tried countless times to book the train from Vigo to Lisbon on June 24th and...
We will be getting a taxi at about 10:30 this Thursday (13th June) from Pamplona to St Jean if anyone wants to share?
Hi all, I'm walking a section of the Northern Route next month and I am finalising my stages currently. I have not given myself enough time to get to Bilbao given the days I have and I am booked...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back