Ten days on the Camino

Maggie Spence

Sep 28, 2014
Time of past OR future Camino
June( 2015)
Some friends and I are looking to walk the Camino for ten days in the first week in June of 2015. We are in good shape, want to find clean and comfortable lodging and don't have to end up in Santiago de Compostela. Any and all suggestions appreciated, including suggestions on the most scenic and least crowded route for 10 days. thank you

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
D

Deleted member 3000

least crowded route for 10 days.
That really will not be anywhere on the Camino Frances in June. June and September have joined the "busy" months now. The Camino Portugues seems to have had the fewest reports of crowds this year, so you might want to consider it. Unless accommodations are increased on the Camino Ingles and Camino del Norte, accommodations seem to be at capacity now.

Buen camino whatever you choose.

Reactions: Tamas
Hi Maggie and welcome to the forum,

I'm sure you will get many suggestions. How far roughly do you wish to walk each day as this may influence suggestions?

5-6 days from Ferrol to Santiago on the Camino Ingles and then 3-4 out to Finisterre may be an option. The Ingles is relatively quiet, Finisterre route less so but both are very beautiful. Porto to Santiago on the Portugues route is also possible in 10 days although with some longer days.

If you are still organising your group, booking.com is a good option to consider to reserve hotel accomodation with the option to cancel or confirm without charge on most hotels.

Good luck with your planning.
Mig

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

tyrrek

Veteran Member
Jun 17, 2011
Halifax, West Yorkshire, UK
SJPP-SdC (4-5/2011), Ferrol-SdC (9/2011), Pamplona-SdC (3-4/2012), Camino Finisterre (10/2012), Ourense-SdC (5/2014)
Hi! A similar suggestion to Mig's is to walk the last section of the Via de la Plata from Ourense to Santiago then on to Finisterre. Flying into and out of Santiago it's easy to get to/from the start/end. Buen Camino!

Lydia Gillen

Veteran Member
Sep 22, 2010
Ireland
Camino Frances 2007/8/9, 2011 , 2012/13/14. C.F 2015
Camino Portugues 2017,2018,2019
volunteering
Maggie,

I would suggest Pamplona to Burgos. It is just about the right time scale and you begin and end in a big city with good transport to and from. You do not say where you are travelling from. Bilbao is a few hours from Pamplona and ending in Burgos gives you a choice of Santander or Madrid

Buen Camino

Reactions: Tamas and wayfarer

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings to all. I posted a few days ago stating that I will begin my first Camino in St. Jean-pied-de-Port on 29 August and that I will take it slow and steady to Santiago de Compostela...
Good morning! My name is Samantha, and I am planning my first camino for May 2025. I am a bit overwhelmed trying to make a list of everything I need to have planned prior to starting. Does anyone...
Hello! I will start my first Camino at the beginning of June 2024 and plan to start my month-long journey from Bilbao walking roughly 2 weeks on Camino Del Norte and then switching to Camino Del...
Hi all, last year I done the camino portuguese with my two daughters last year but this year I'm doing the camino frances solo. I fly into Bizarrtz on 26th July and plan to start the following...
Hello, I am looking for contact to friend/pillgrim Ignacio from Argentina. He started Camino sanabrese from Ourense 14.may and finished 20.may in Santiago. If you know him, please contact me.
As a new member of the forum who has been reading clandestinely for the past three months or so, I have to say how much I enjoy the entries--not simply for the collective wisdom from all of you...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides