• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
  • 20% off everything Altus the next few days at the Camino Forum Store. More here. (Discount taken at check out)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

The Chickens....

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Great to be there - then. Wish really wish I was.

As it is, I am sitting in a hospital, in Washington DC, next to my wife. I have been her 24 x 7 caregiver since last April - 2023.

She has been here for one week. I took a hotel near by so I could spend maximum time with my wife, and not have to worry about traffic accidents.

But, this time she had surgery to put her intestines back together again, a REALLY good thing, and is recovering from successful surgery. We hope to be home by the end of the week.

This also preempted all my Camino-related plans for 2023, and likely all of 2024. This forum, and limited APOC local chapter activities, have kept me sane.

As long as I can help others, I can make it through to the next day. Or as we say on Camino “poco a poco.”

I hope I have helped others to enjoy their Camino experiences.

Tom

Wishing your wife a very speedy recovery Tom

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Life has a way of intervening in our Camino plans. Take care.

Thank you very much for your well wishes. Over the past year, many, many forum members have reached out in kindness to my wife and me.

We sincerely appreciate all the kind thoughts, prayers and positive sentiments. The current surgery will help my wife return to a more normal existence, after a several-month recuperation at home.

Thank you again to the entire Forum community. You have kept me “in the fight”. - on my very strange “alternative Camino” for the past 13 months.

Tom (& Cynthia too)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
We passed through Santo Domingo mid afternoon on the 11th and festivities were in full swing. The main street was full of stalls and hundreds of people and families, many with red neckerchiefs.
The photo is a snap from the coach as a bug of some sort has curtailed our Camino this year.

Don Tomás:
Cynthia will be present in our daily prayers for a prompt recuperation and to continue providing you the strength and support on these moments.

I will ask that you and your wife be added to my old parish's Sunday prayers.

Pax. JGE+

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum