• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

European Peace Walk - 2015 !

So, the European Peace Walk in 2014 was a great success and we would like to thank all of the very first PeaceWalkers !

Our goal is to (slowly) create a new Camino in Central Europe, that transcends borders and brings all people together. There is no political agenda, nor activism,......... just a dazzling trans-national Pathway, for all to enjoy, and find "the Way" across Europe.

Based on last year's experience, this year, we are putting in more Stages , to make the daily Stages shorter and easier on the legs.

We also have found some really cool hostels, serving extraordinary evening meals for sometimes as little as........ 4euros !!

Ljubljana & Lake Bled are now on the EPW ! http://www.bled.si/en/what-to-see/symbols-of-bled/pletna

Be the Change you want to see in the world ! Be a PeaceWalker !
P8183959.JPG P8173941.JPG IMG_0198.JPG P8023300.JPG P8023332.JPG P8053489.JPG P8093661.JPG P8103711.JPG P8103718.JPG P8173925.JPG

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Thinking I will add this to my walking itinerary....looks wonderful......I will be walking alone on this adventure so has anyone registered and would like a walking companion as it would be great to share the journey.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Thinking I will add this to my walking itinerary....looks wonderful......I will be walking alone on this adventure so has anyone registered and would like a walking companion as it would be great to share the journey.

I'm leaving on 27 July. When will you start?

I am leaving 16.08. Hope there will be other than me in that group.

I'm intrigued. Members of my walking club may be interested in doing this next year (this year I'm already set for the CF). When will you have a wrap up about this year's walk and information about next year?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I'm intrigued. Members of my walking club may be interested in doing this next year (this year I'm already set for the CF). When will you have a wrap up about this year's walk and information about next year?

Hi. FooteK. We should have all info

Hi FooteK.
We should have this year wrapped up by Oct/Nov , and then it is planning time for 2016

Hi. FooteK. We should have all info

Hi FooteK.
We should have this year wrapped up by Oct/Nov , and then it is planning time for 2016
I announced it to the club last Tuesday. Several people were interested - I sent them to the web site. I plan to keep an eye out and maybe get planning started for next year - no doubt I'll be the POC. Good luck - I hope this turns into a "thing."
Kathy

I looked at your directions for entering-exiting some of the larger towns and see 2 train rides, and a day off to play tourist at Lake Bled. Is the route walkable where you have train segments? Will it be signposted?

Cheers

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I looked at your directions for entering-exiting some of the larger towns and see 2 train rides, and a day off to play tourist at Lake Bled. Is the route walkable where you have train segments? Will it be signposted?

Cheers
Hi NL.
The 2 train segments are not signposted.
In future yrs, the post Varazdin train segment will go, as it is an easy 30kms to "fill in".
The Brezice to Ljub is a long stretch. We had to go North from Brezice this yr ( to Ljub) as the Southern route , via Novo Mesto was too isolated ( but Beautiful !) with gaps of 40kms between Accoms.

I was very sad to see the announcement on your facebook page that registration for this year's Peacewalk will close July 1. I was hoping to register for a mid-late August start, but not sure I can make your deadline.

I don't suppose there might be a reprieve on that closing?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
A selection of Camino Jewellery

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back