• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

the last supper for the Sept 1, 2012 starters

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
What do you mean by a last supper? A last supper before leaving from SJPP/Roncesvalles?

From what I've heard if you can get into L'esprit du Chemin albergue in SJPP it's quite a good one before leaving, though I've never stayed there.

Buen Camino!

I guess kinda inside joke. Here in Tennessee, there is a 500k ultra marathon in July. All the runners gather for the last supper.

I couldnt get in L’Esprit du Chemin, tho I have heard the same thing about the meal. I guess I am on my own, lol

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
lhlyda said:
I guess I am on my own, lol
Not unless you want to be. You'll meet people at every stage from wherever you arrive. And you are lucky to be an English speaker, which is often the default language in pilg conversations.

I met two female pilgrims from the South last year (I think also TN) and loved the accent. When I returned something they'd lost earlier the way they said 'It's a Camino miircle!' made me laugh. :D

Buen Camino!

Yep,

I remember while in New York back in the 80's, I heard all sorts of accents, but when I spoke, it seemed that everyone stopped to hear this old Native Appalachian ( hillbilly) talk. lol

It should be noted that St James' mother paid the tavern bill for THE Last Supper.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
For pilgrims looking for a simple meal in SJPdP before starting their Camino a good restaurant choice is Chez Dédé, also known as la Vieille Auburge, at 3 rue de la France. I have eaten supper there many times. Open all year even during winter when many private albergues which provide meals are closed it is just around the corner from the rue de la Citadelle and the offices of the Amies du Chemin de Saint Jacques at 39 rue de la Citadelle where you get your Credential. The generous pilgrim menu is a good value and the large tables shared by pilgrims results in a happy ambiance of new Camino 'friends' as first night jitters disappear.

Bon Appetite and Buen Camino !

Margaret

tyrrek said:
From what I've heard if you can get into L'esprit du Chemin albergue in SJPP it's quite a good one before leaving, though I've never stayed there.

Buen Camino!

Yes, the evening meal at L'Esprit is not to be missed.
Everyone introduces themselves over an aperitif, then onto the meal, which consisted of (when I stayed there), home made thick vegetable soup,Spanish omelette, potatoes,lentils,cheese salad, copious vin rouge, followed by local fresh fruits and cream,coffee. All for 9euros :D
Incidentally, that night none of the other 17 pilgrims (all English speakers bar one) had even heard of the CSJ, let alone this forum.....

Sojourner47 said:
..that night none of the other 17 pilgrims (all English speakers bar one) had even heard of the CSJ, let alone this forum.....
Yes, when I walked from Pamplona to SdC this year nobody recognised my Forum patch. At first I was a bit disappointed, but then I thought that all of these people have turned up on the route, many probably without specific advice about the route, but the vast majority make it to wherever they consider to be 'the end' in one piece and happy.

I love contributing to this forum and I'm sure some of it is useful to some potential pilgrims who need specific info about personal concerns, equipment, health problems, something they want to do etc. Or just to be told they're not totally insane!

Back to the last supper, though. I think we've got things the wrong way round. Surely the last supper is in Santiago when we and our fellow peregrinos are about to disperse ourselves around the globe and spread the joy, so to speak! :D

Buen Camino!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
tyrrek,

Good point! However, the last supper in Santiago will probably be with different peregrinos than in SJPDP, so we need "the last supper" in SJPDP and "the last supper II" in Santiago! lol

lhlyda said:
tyrrek,

Good point! However, the last supper in Santiago will probably be with different peregrinos than in SJPDP, so we need "the last supper" in SJPDP and "the last supper II" in Santiago! lol
Yep, or simply a first and last supper! Buen Camino!

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
St James' mother paid the tavern bill
Considering the mess that some pilgrims leave behind them, perhaps they think their mothers will be cleaning up after them!

Leave it cleaner than you find it, probably an unnecessary suggestion to Forum members, who seem to be a tidy and well behaved group, dropping nothing and picking up a bit of others' trash. Oxymoron: Perhaps if this slogan were spray painted all along the camino, others would follow it.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
tyrrek said:
I love contributing to this forum and I'm sure some of it is useful to some potential pilgrims who need specific info about personal concerns, equipment, health problems, something they want to do etc. Or just to be told they're not totally insane![...] Buen Camino!
...as well as giving valuable advice with an unexpected humorous note. I'd love to have the first supper with Tyrrek somewhere along the "Great Road" and si Dios quiere some more, sharing a glass of good red. :wink:

fraluchi said:
I'd love to have the first supper with Tyrrek somewhere along the "Great Road" and si Dios quiere some more, sharing a glass of good red. :wink:
Very kind Fraluchi. It would have to be sharing a couple of bottles of red, though. That's probably where any unexpected humour on here comes from... :D

Most read last week in this forum

Snoring (another post ...) After 4 days of seriously noisy snorers in albergues, I was getting increasingly drained during the day. At one point, I was thinking whether I can continue, whether I...
I wasn't sure I was going to post "live from the Camino" for this Camino. I'm happy to do so on my solo Caminos, but when I am walking with family, my focus is a little elsewhere and I am mindful...
Hi All! I will arrive SDC on 5/17 and need a bed for 5/17 & 18. I can't find anything ,( well, the Parador for 800eu). Any & all help is greatly appreciated. I've checked gronze and all apps...
@Monasp has just posted two tables of statistics from the SJPDP pilgrim office on their Facebook account. Numbers of different nationalities recorded so far this year: the USA being the largest...
Hello; I started my camino on May 15th, today husband and I walked from Roncesvalles to Zubiri. I did the Camino in 2019 and the path from alto erro to Zubiri has eroded and is more hazardous...
I've been reading about the different routes etc and I have seen that the longest route is over a month, but also that some people just walk for a weekend or a few days or a week. I want to do a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back