• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

The ONE thing.

andywild

Time of past OR future Camino
CF april 18.. CP sep 18.. CF april 2020
Walking a camino is often a life changing experience.. being enlightened and taxed both physically and spiritually.. experiencing new places, new friends, new feelings that maybe you haven't felt for years or even decades.. what was the one thing that you took from your camino.. the one (perhaps) life changing feeling/event/moment that you find yourself telling others about?
For me it was the discovery of "second breakfast"..
Obviously I've heard of breakfast, but a second one? Praise the lord.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Really Andy,
I almost got sucked into the "life changing"jargon of your post!!!
Why says I .....this is a serious Andy for a change ......no small talk and jokes here ....gee, I am impressed!!!

I'm still laughing ...out loud ..

A leopard does not change his spots!!!
Well done!
Annette

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Yep, he fooled me for a quick minute, as well! I don't care as he gave me an opportunity to "choose" to be a bit serious!

For me, it was the overwhelming and all pervasive sense that I am part of something FAR bigger when I am in Spain and doing anything Camino related. It is a good feeling...

Millions of people have done this over the millenia, and untold thousands have perished on The Way. I can sense their spirits as I walk...

Having an overwhelming sense of God’s presence, knowing first of all that the Camino is a holy path, blessed by thousands walking it over the centuries, but also feeling His presence in the people I encountered, listening to their stories, sharing in the meals and taking time to pray along the way.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
@andywild, your post has shades of a LOTR fan. I wish I was tech savvy enough to post a GIF of that scene...

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
That'd be in the form of grande cafe con letche and chocolate croissant

Most read last week in this forum