• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

The Shell in my hometown

Peter Fransiscus

Be a Rainbow in someone else's cloud.
Time of past OR future Camino
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
This picture was taken outside our local hospital named ,
" St. Jacob ziekenhuis ".

They also have a pilgrim room where Pilgrims can stay on there way from the north .

Surprice me with pictures from your home town about St. James.

Wish you all well , Peter .

Attachments

• 20170705_134035.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 2,196
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi Peter. Knew we could trust you to start such a positive thread!

I share this picture of the entrance stone of the Sint Jacobus church in St-Truiden, my town of birth and where I now work.

Stone made possible by the local Confraternity of St James , the local parish and the council.

In the link also pic of a wooden statue of St James. In 1215 there were already pilgrims stopping at this church en route to Santiago.

http://openkerken.be/church_detail.asp?churchID=57

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I am both lucky and unlucky to be surounded by shells and arrows. The Camino Vezeley passes near our home... there are a few local varients so I find arrows and markers all around me. I'm lucky because it means I can walk on the camino whenever I want... and unlucky because it is a constant reminder... and very often I wish I could just go and walk and walk and walk

Here are 2 photos I took last year a few days before leaving for the VdlP... I met friends in a restaurant in Perigueux and followed these shells into the old town from my car parking space. The following day I was at a wedding in St Astier; the venue falls almost on the camino path... inside the main room was a huge coat of arms painted on the wall. I could almost feel the camino pulling me back... the following day we left for Bordeaux for my flight to Seville.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Quite a few, but visible in this window, found in St James Church, Sydney - the oldest extant church in Australia, designed by convict architect, Francis Greenway. In the middle of the legal precinct!

By Whiteghost.ink (Wikimedia Commons) [CC BY-SA 3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum