• ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Trail race 14 May - Valgrande Pajares to Oviedo

BobY333

Time of past OR future Camino
2024 - which Camino? IDK!
2025 CF from SJPdP?
I just saw that there's a 70k trail race being run on the Camino next Saturday 14 May. I have no idea how many participants there will be (that is, how many crazy people want to RUN that 70k). If you want more info it's at www.lenabtr.com

I certainly hope the organizers and the racers respect the pilgrims like me that will be out there that day.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
70km seems crazy to me! Looks like they estimate people to complete that in 12 hours? I can't even imaging that myself.

Oh well - good luck to all the fit people who attempt that!

If they are anything like our local trailraces I am sure that the organisation will take all measures to make it a safe day for locals, trailparticipants and for the pilgrims who are guests in this region.
There is room for everyone.

70 k of running in a day is doable for those who are well trained. I know lots of pilgrims who are comfortable with walking 40 k on a Camino.Not my personal goal ( never was ) but yes it is doable.

Ideal pocket guides for during and after your Camino. Each weighs just 40g (1.4 oz).
70 k of running in a day is doable for those who are well trained. I know lots of pilgrims who are comfortable with walking 40 k on a Camino.Not my personal goal ( never was ) but yes it is doable.
Yeah - walking 40km is something I can do. My longest day (by accident) was 50km. I just can't imagine running 70km! Of course - I am not runner lol

I did see they have food and hydration stations every 20km and there is an option for participants to shuttle ahead to the next food/hydration station if they need to.