• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Train to Porto Portugal

Jeepl8d

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2023)
Had a few rest days in Santiago and have a feed days to go to Porto Portugal. Looked at the bus and train schedules but it’s confusing. Does all public transportation drop off at the airport? I’d appreciate any help on figuring this out. 🙏

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Had a few rest days in Santiago and have a feed days to go to Porto Portugal. Looked at the bus and train schedules but it’s confusing. Does all public transportation drop off at the airport? I’d appreciate any help on figuring this out. 🙏
The ALSA bus from Santiago goes to Porto and stops at the airport en-route. The fare to the airport is slightly more (although it’s not the last stop) because of the airport tax.

Many travellers plan to pay the fare to Porto and get out at the airport, so saving a couple of euros.

The bus drivers anticipate that and segregate the luggage when boarding, so don’t be tempted to try what many have failed to do.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
We took the bus to Porto, got off at the airport and then took the subway to the center of Porto. It was all quite easy and plenty of people to help us along the way. The bus was the shortest and most direct way to get to Porto and was a very relaxing ride.

The ALSA bus from Santiago goes to Porto and stops at the airport en-route. The fare to the airport is slightly more (although it’s not the last stop) because of the airport tax.

Many travellers plan to pay the fare to Porto and get out at the airport, so saving a couple of euros.

The bus drivers anticipate that and segregate the luggage when boarding, so don’t be tempted to try what many have failed to do.
Yes I see that tactic re paying to
a city and getting off at an airport quite a bit, most recently at Frankfurt. Quite a difference in fare and a bit of concern when the driver separated the luggage!

Bus is simpler than train, as no transfer is required. Terminates at Campanha, which is the main station in Porto.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Much as I prefer the train over the bus in general, the bus from Santiago to Porto is easier because there is no transfer. Plus it's a fairly short trip, and the bus is comfortable. I've done it twice - once on Flixbus and once on Alsa.

Most read last week in this forum

I'm about to start the Camino Portuguese, and was wondering what rideshare options are available in Europe?
The why is in the article below. https://www.elcorreogallego.es/santiago/2024/05/07/concello-santiago-estudia-reforzar-conexiones-102021423.html
Here's the dealeo. 😁 Instead of my usual departure city back to the US of A from Paris. I am now coming home from Barcelona. I've done my due diligence in searching how to get from Logrono to...
Where in Santiago can I catch the bus to the airport?
I am filling out the Correos bag transportation itinerary and my question is, what do I select as my next destination if my hotel/inn/BnB/apartment is not listed on the drop down menu? Can I...
Does anyone know if there is a west-bound bus that stops in Molinaseca and also makes stops up the "hill"? It rained hard today and I was COLD after the trek from Rabanal so I decided to taxi from...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back