• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Transport from Porto to Tui?

genvan

Time of past OR future Camino
Oktober 2023
I’m trying to book flights for our Tui to Santiago pilgrimage starting September 30th. 2023. Flying to Porto seem to be the best prices I’ve found. Is there a train from Porto to Tui?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I’m trying to book flights for our Tui to Santiago pilgrimage starting September 30th. 2023. Flying to Porto seem to be the best prices I’ve found. Is there a train from Porto to Tui?
According to Rome2Rio.com there's a bus that takes less than two hours.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
If as wisepilgrim suggests in the post above you opt for Valença do Minho you can walk north on the Av de Sao Teotonio to pass through the splendid 17th c. Fortress which resembles a small town. Within the fortress the Pousada de Valença, aka Sao Teotonio Pousada, is a charming hotel where my husband and I have often stayed in past years in a room with a river view. From the garden of the Pousada you can directly reconnect to the camino path for the famous International Bridge leading north to Tui, Spain.
Happy planning and Buen camino!

Last edited:
The train is a great way to go but you need to search for Valenca, across the river from Tui. If You want, you can get the 6 am train and start walking by 8 am.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum