• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Transport from Tui

Simmy1

Time of past OR future Camino
April 2023
Hi all. Looking for transport tips please. Due to time constraints we can only do half the camino. We will be doing portuguese coastal starting in porto until caminha then going into Tui. Even though we won't be eligible to receive the compostela in santiago we still want to experience the cathedral etc. I'm battling to find concrete information on busses or trains. What would be the best way to get to santiago from Tui? Appreciate your advice.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Adding to @Tincatinker suggestion, search from Valença, Portugal as well. Although it is in Portugal it has a train connection to Santiago (via Vigo) which may make it easier. Be aware though that Vigo has two train stations and Rome2Rio likes to suggest you use both.

Instead you could make life easier by booking Valença-Vigo Guixar and then Vigo Guixar to Santaigo. The Guixar station is the old station and the train takes a bit longer to Santiago.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
We spent a night in Tui in October, making our way back from Santiago to Porto by bus. We wanted to get transport to Ponte de Lima, but could find no bus or train station in either Tui or Valença, although Rome2Rio showed one. The hostess at our albergue said that a taxi was our best option. That worked out well. Perhaps going north instead of south is different.

Hi all. Looking for transport tips please. Due to time constraints we can only do half the camino. We will be doing portuguese coastal starting in porto until caminha then going into Tui. Even though we won't be eligible to receive the compostela in santiago we still want to experience the cathedral etc. I'm battling to find concrete information on busses or trains. What would be the best way to get to santiago from Tui? Appreciate your advice.

A friend who lives in Spain suggested I download the ride sharing app BlaBlaCar. Rides don’t show up until close to your date, but it’s another option.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

Starting a journey for me starts with the planning. This year everything aligned so here I am about to leave Canada to begin my 2nd Camino - the Portuguese Coastal. With three weeks to get my...
Day 0? I’m here 😊and I start my slow coastal camino tomorrow! Feel blessed and recognize the privilege it is to be able to take this journey. Tomorrow a short walk to Matosinhos - just right...
Will be doing hopefully my first of many Camino journeys leaving out of Porto December 29. From what I can tell, highs in 50’s to 60’s F and possibly some but not a lot of moisture with no snow...
Another wonderful walking day! Definitely feeling it in my legs today- a few more stretch breaks needed! And lots of wonderful places to take them! Theme for the day boardwalks! Received a few...
I'm planning to cross over from the Coastal to Central Camino at Caminha. I would appreciate any comments relating to this route from pilgrims that have done it. Is it better to split into two...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back