• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Best way to get from Tui to Pontevedra?

dan361

Time of past OR future Camino
April 2023 Caminho Portugues Central
Ola,

i am on the camino Portugues da costa right now. Due to a little time problem I want to skip the route between Tui and Pontevedra. I already know it and already got a Compostela from my last Camino ;). My plans include the Camino Fisterra, to do so I need to save some time. I already checked alsa, rome2rio but there is no direct connection between the cities. Any ideas besides walking 2-3 days or taxi to skip this section?

Thanks

bom Caminho

Dan

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
There might be options going from Valenca, rather than Tui. I know ALSA transit through the bus terminal there, not Tui, and I presume this will be the same for other carriers. Rome2Rio show a direct bus service or a bus/train combination through Vigo. You will need to check that timings, etc will work for you.

There might be options going from Valenca, rather than Tui. I know ALSA transit through the bus terminal there, not Tui, and I presume this will be the same for other carriers. Rome2Rio show a direct bus service or a bus/train combination through Vigo. You will need to check that timings, etc will work for you.
Omio even states a train from Valenca to Pontevedra via Vigo. This looks promising though. Thanks for the hint

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
If you go back to Valença, you can get on one of the buses that go from Porto to Santiago. They stop in Pontevedra.
Otherwise, take a bus from Tui to Vigo. The bus company is called Lugove.
And then, from Vigo you can either take a bus or a train to Pontevedra. The bus company for this stretch is Monbus.

I already checked the time difference. It starts about 10 am in Valenca and arrives at 11:30 in Vigo but renfe states a 30 minutes ride so I guess starting time is portugues time and arrival time is spanish time ;)

I already booked the ticket, 5 Euros. :)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
arrives at 11:30 in Vigo

The train arrives at Vigo Guixar. From there you can catch a regional train at 12:30 that will arrive on Pontevedra @ 13:01. Be aware that there are 2 stations in Vigo so pay attention when looking at trains there.

Also important to note that it now appears that train service between Portugal and Spain appears to be ending (hopefully temporarily) on Sept. 29th go this year.

Most read last week in this forum

Starting a journey for me starts with the planning. This year everything aligned so here I am about to leave Canada to begin my 2nd Camino - the Portuguese Coastal. With three weeks to get my...
I'm planning to cross over from the Coastal to Central Camino at Caminha. I would appreciate any comments relating to this route from pilgrims that have done it. Is it better to split into two...
Day 0? I’m here 😊and I start my slow coastal camino tomorrow! Feel blessed and recognize the privilege it is to be able to take this journey. Tomorrow a short walk to Matosinhos - just right...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back