• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

transporting of bags.

Time of past OR future Camino
C F '16 Ingles'17 '24
Port Sept'18 '19,'22
Hey All.
We are planning to walk the ingles in June 2024. We prefer to not carry our backpacks but will hope to forward on a nightly basis. Might anyone suggest which company can help with the transport ?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hey All.
We are planning to walk the ingles in June 2024. We prefer to not carry our backpacks but will hope to forward on a nightly basis. Might anyone suggest which company can help with the transport ?
Hi Roisin,
My daughter and walked the Ingles last May. We used the Spanish postal service's bag transfer service. They were excellent and much cheaper than the other bag transport services. https://www.elcaminoconcorreos.com/en/rucksack-transfer
Enjoy Galicia. We loved every minute of our Camino.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Practically every albergue you stay in will have envelopes for a couple of backpack transfer companies. You Whatsapp the number on the envelope to let them know where you want it moved to the next night. And in the morning attach the envelope that you've filled out with that night's accommodation, put your cash in, and they'll pick it up. Someone at the albergue can also assist you with filling out the envelope or contacting the transporter if you need help.

Practically every albergue you stay in will have envelopes for a couple of backpack transfer companies. You Whatsapp the number on the envelope to let them know where you want it moved to the next night. And in the morning attach the envelope that you've filled out with that night's accommodation, put your cash in, and they'll pick it up. Someone at the albergue can also assist you with filling out the envelope or contacting the transporter if you need help.
My wife and I walked the Inglés from Ferrol to Santiago last year. We would have used the Correos service, but they didn't drop off at all the albergues we were planning to stay at, in particular Albergue San Lorenzo in Bruma (excellent albergue!), who recommended https://taxicaminoingl.es/transporte-camino-ingles/ to us.

They were excellent, charged €5 per bag per stage, and I'd definitely recommend. Enjoy the Inglés... we had a wonderful Camino and met some new, lifelong friends.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
My wife and I walked the Inglés from Ferrol to Santiago last year. We would have used the Correos service, but they didn't drop off at all the albergues we were planning to stay at, in particular Albergue San Lorenzo in Bruma (excellent albergue!), who recommended https://taxicaminoingl.es/transporte-camino-ingles/ to us.

They were excellent, charged €5 per bag per stage, and I'd definitely recommend. Enjoy the Inglés... we had a wonderful Camino and met some new, lifelong friends.
That’s great Pete and we’re going to use correos as they’re happy to drop off at our accommodation

Oh, I will also be staying at the Albergue San Lorenzo in Bruma. I didn't realize they didn't participate in the Correos backpack transfer. Did you have to make prior arrangements to have this other company transfer your pack or were you able to book them while you were at that albergue?

Oh, I will also be staying at the Albergue San Lorenzo in Bruma. I didn't realize they didn't participate in the Correos backpack transfer. Did you have to make prior arrangements to have this other company transfer your pack or were you able to book them while you were at that albergue?
Correos does transfer bags there -- it is listed in a different town. I can't find it now, but I had sent a message to Correos through the website and they gave me the info to input on the website.

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, finally plans for Camino Ingles become real, some accomodations, booked already, checking flights, etc..., starting 02june :) We are taking it slow, 8 days on the road, below are our stages...
No rooms in Bruma tonight. Anywhere. Is it cheating to take a cab 10k away to get a place to stay?
Hello all, I'll be walking the Camino Inlgés staring 21st May, along with my husband and my mother. My husband and I are relatively fit, in our mid-40's, and my 75-year-old mother is somewhat fit...
We lost a set of black Leki trekking poles today between Ferrol and Neda just past the Monastario de San Martino. We sat down for a rest near the top of the hill amidst the houses. The poles were...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back