• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

traveling with a family

Mom2rbdl

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino France
2016 June to 2016 August
Our family of six is planning to walk Camino France this summer. Our children are 10-17. We are in the beginning stages of our planning. I would love to hear from others who have done this with children/as a family. Any and all tips and advice welcome.

Thanks so much.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I'll weigh in. Walked Astorga to Santiago with eight kids aged 6-18 and an octogenarian grandpa.
Walked 1,500km across various camino trails with the four youngest (by then aged 8-13)
Will be returning to do the Via de la Plata with the same four in a few months.
Clearly we like it.
What kind of questions do you have?

I'm specifically wondering how the accommodations worked out; was there room for all of you at the locations? Were people accommodating? I'm concerned about finding room for all six of us each night.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
We always stopped early enough in the day to be able to get eleven beds. When walking with just the four kids we had more trouble occasionally as we were sometimes doing in excess of 30km in a day and were not first to arrive. Some of us slept on the floor or shared beds on more than one occasion. We probably could have taken private accommodation to make life more comfortable but we liked staying with the friends we had made.
It'll work out. Don't ruin today by worrying about tomorrow!

Most read last week in this forum