• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Trees

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances/Portuguese/Ingles/Sanabre/Frances/Fineste
I know most of the trees on CF, CI, Sanabre and Portuguese are forested and represent paper products to the growers. Has anyone heard of an adopt-a-tree program to insure future shade along the Caminos. I’m ready to be a sponsor, one for my wife, children, and granddaughters.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
No I haven't heard of any such scheme but it would be a good idea I'm part of the successful trees campaign in Sheffield UK to protest against the felling of thousands of heathy street trees. This has really raised my awareness of the importance and beauty of trees. #SaveSheffTrees

In Spain there are programs in some towns, but in the field the land is private, so I'm afraid there will be a problem.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
In Galicia there is a recent Xunta's law that obligates the owners to have clean 4 mts at both sides of tracks and roads to prevent fires in the case of conifers and eucalytus and 2 mts for leafy trees.
This law is very difficult to implement in a short period of time in all Galicia because the high volume of trees involved but the pilgrims will see more and more some stretches without trees in four mts each side of tracks and roads.

BRAVO!

Most read last week in this forum