• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Truckers on strike in Spain

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
I am not sure how this might affect pilgrims, but I thought i would mention this for those of you heading out the door to travel to Spain.

Truckers are on strike in Spain these days, leaving many grocery stores with no way to restock their stores. Also gas stations are running out of gas, leaving cars with a problem.

As I say, if you are walking you should be fine , but just a heads up if you are about to travel to España. BBC writes more on this here.

Saludos,
Ivar

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi Ivar,
We are traveling on Friday (the 13th!!!!).... I have my 15 students coming to Madrid with me. We are following the strike with great interest - amazing that it has made the news here in the States - since gas prices are on our minds as well. We are also up about 35% in the past year. Everyone is feeling it. Hopefully it won't have a serious adverse affect on our trip, my potential Camino and those of others.
Buen Camino,

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum