• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Turtle Time

myschf

Time of past OR future Camino
StJPdP-Santiago(2012)
LePuy-Santiago(2015)
The one way ticket to Paris has been purchased. I walked the Camino Frances in 2012 from StJean to Muxia in 39 days with one rest day in Santiago. I've come to the conclusion that no matter what I do I'll always have the speed of a turtle. I managed my first Camino going by the Brierley stages *rolling eyes* and managed to arrive in a town find a bed have supper, sleep and repeat. I was wondering if 10 weeks would be sufficient time to turtle from LePuy to Santiago? The butterflies-nerves are starting to get to me with only 4 1/2 months to flight!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
My wife and I walked Le Puy to Santiago, via the Norte and Primitivo, this past spring in 62 days. We took a bus from SJPDP to Irun, but walked the rest of it. We seemed to average about 16 miles per day. Your Camino Frances speed was around 13 miles per day. If you wanted to maintain that pace you would need 77 (11 weeks) to complete the journey as the whole trip is roughly about 1,000 miles whether you go to Santiago via the Camino Frances or via the Norte-Primitivo option. If 10 weeks is all the time you have it is still very doable, but you might have to step on the gas just a bit to keep your schedule. It is a beautiful walk. You won't be disappointed.

I would not consider 13 miles (21km) a day, every day as turtle speed. That's hare speed for us. We took 42 days on the CF and did not walk as far as you did.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Especially on the initial section, from Le Puy to Conques, there's a lot of up-and-down in those kilometers, so 21 km/day is nothing to sneeze at. On the flatter sections, past Moissac, it would be easier.

I think if you consider 15/20km a walk in the park and you have all the Camino luck on yer side and know about long distance walking then it is possible. Of course you know from yer previous walk. Depending on time of year it may be possible to simply arrive each evening to hot shower, comfy bed and hearty meal.
Bon Chemin et Buen Camino.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back