• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Two Nights in SJPP

SanJo

♥ Gratitude ♥
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (April & May 2017)
To combat jetlag (because we'll be arriving in SJPP around 7:30pm) we'd like to stay two nights at affordable rates and I am wondering if we can stay at one albergue one night and then another the next?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I imagine most if not all the private albergues in St Jean will allow you to spend two nights at them.
Check out booking.com. There's a few on there and I used that website last year to reserve an albergue bed at St Jean. Look at the prices and reviews then decide.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Thank you, this is good to know and I'll check out that website.

Thanks, we are staying at Orrison, as well

Exactly my plan is 1st night SJPP March 18 and next day Sunday (after mass in SJPP) "gentle stroll" to Valcarlos. Buen camino !

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
To combat jetlag (because we'll be arriving in SJPP around 7:30pm) we'd like to stay two nights at affordable rates and I am wondering if we can stay at one albergue one night and then another the next?
I stayed two nights at Auberge du Pelerin. It is #25 Rue Citadelle half way up the hill from the church. The Pilgrim Office is a little further up on the same side of the street. I made my reservation via the website. I believe it was 17€ per night and it included the evening meal and breakfast. That was in May of 2015. The opening date is March 15 (for 2016) according to the site (aubergedupelerin.com). I am doing the Camino again this year at about the same time and plan to stay there again for two nights.

Thank you, this is good to know and I'll check out that website.
I checked the couple of albergues they have listed on booking.com, and random rates for April. Kinda expensive. More than I would pay for an albergue. I'd definitely hunt around for other options.

Availability depends on the time of the year. I've done the Camino twice. First time in April 2011 (because I'd been told that you couldn't book a bed in an alburgue along the Camino) I booked a (not too) expensive hotel the first night and stayed in the Parish alburgue the 2nd night. For my 2nd Camino, September 2015, I booked Beilari, opposite the Pilgrim's Office as I'd heard it was good. I booked two nights and can recommend it. However, I also had some friends doing it with a tour company at the same time. Weeks out, there was difficulty booking a hotel ....SJPdP hotels were 'booked out'. Likewise another friend did it September 2016. I'd advised her of Beilari and she said months out that SJPdP was booked out. Others here on this thread may know more about how busy it was then, and maybe each time during summer months. I note that you are planning on staying in Orisson also. Remember to book after they reopen from the Winter close.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum