• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Under £20 to Santiago

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
There are some benefits to living on a soggy little island! If you live in England and feel like visiting Santiago you could fly there next week for £0,79 (£16,77 with taxes).
Prices apply throughout most of January and February as well.
Lucky people!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Yepp, I just got home today from Oslo and came down with Ryanair. The plane was packed so it is clear that lowering the prices helps

Stanstedt was also pretty packed, get there early to avoid loosing your plane. They were strict on the "Only one bag for your hand luggage" and lines at security were long, but moving quite quickly.

Landed at Santiago at 11.00 with +11c and sun, seemed like summer compared to the grey/foggy Oslo and -2c.

Greetings from Santiago,
Ivar

This 'soggy little island' as you put it is made up of more than one country. Given the environmental impact of cheap air travel I wonder if it could be called a benift?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
michael said:
This 'soggy little island' as you put it is made up of more than one country.

and considerably more than one island - Scotland alone has around 800 - though few of them are as soggy as Galicia
And I'm afraid most of them aren't anywhere near a flight to SCQ.

Sorry chaps. Couldn't resist the description taken from a quote by John Updike who, in the late sixties, described Britain as a "soggy little island huffing and puffing to keep up with Western Europe".
I at least had the sense to say that if you lived in England (not Britain) you could get to Santiago for under £20.

Most read last week in this forum