• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Unexpected Camino. Madrid? to ? June 2017

TonyJaW

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (from SJPDP) 2011
Camino Portugues (from Porto) 2013
Hi everyone. The schedule cleared and cheap flights became available, so I'm flying to Madrid next week for 22 walking days, flying back via Porto, for an unexpected, unplanned (so far!) Camino. This will be my 3rd after Frances from SJPDP and Portugese from Lisbon.

So, I'm not sure where to start! I could
A - Walk Madrid route to Sahagun. Then bus to another route eg part/all of the Invierno, or Ingles or other route into Santiago. Or
B - Bus out of Madrid on day 1 to Leon for the Salvador to Oviedo. Then Primitivo to Santiago or
C - Some other route/combination I have not thought of yet, ideally minimising time on the Frances.

All ideas welcomed.

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi everyone. The schedule cleared and cheap flights became available, so I'm flying to Madrid next week for 22 walking days, flying back via Porto, for an unexpected, unplanned (so far!) Camino. This will be my 3rd after Frances from SJPDP and Portugese from Lisbon.

A - Walk Madrid route to Sahagun. Then bus to another route eg part/all of the Invierno, or Ingles or other route into Santiago.
B - Bus out of Madrid on day 1 to Leon for the Salvador to Oviedo. Then Primitivo to Santiago
C - Some other route/combination I have not thought of yet, ideally minimising time on the Frances.

All ideas welcomed.
Tony, I have 21 days in Spain for this one, and the plan is to train to Leon, train to Oviedo, walk to Lugo and then Friol and Sobrado dos Monxes, take the Monbus to Santiago, stay someplace pleasant, have some gazpacho, eat at Damajuana, have some more gazpacho, then take the ALSA to Porto and fly out of Porto. I think I'm tired just looking at those words.

Two people from here just did the Madrid and left LIVE blogs, if you haven't seen them. They're full of good information and good reads to boot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

A - Walk Madrid route to Sahagun. Then bus to another route eg part/all of the Invierno, or Ingles or other route into Santiago. Or
B - Bus out of Madrid on day 1 to Leon for the Salvador to Oviedo. Then Primitivo to Santiago or

All ideas welcomed.
The best you as you begin your Camino. I leave for Madrid today, doing Camino de Madrid and continuing to Santiago.

Thanks everyone. I've decided to start walking from Madrid, then work it out from there! But probably a walk along an alternate route to Leon on the Frances, then onto the Salvador to Oviedo, then bus to Santiago for a few days. As ever, things may change on the day.

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Hello all fellow pilgrims! To celebrate my 70th birthday I'll be following the Frances path from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela. Really excited abut the journey for me starting...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)
Hi I'm Keith 60 years young from Newcastle upon Tyne UK.arriving on the 1635 Edinburgh ryanair flight on 9th September 2024 anyone like to share my express bourricot

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back