• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Used Equipment: Where to buy?

ccromero

I will be walking the camino this May. I was wandering, does anyone know of a good place to buy used equipment? I am trying to make my walk as frugal as possible.

Thanks.

Carlos

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Welcome Carlos,
To answer your question it would be helpful to know if you are in Europe or another continent.
Buen Camino

Hi Carlos,

Well there is a Gear For Sale/Gear Needed section on this forum, if you haven't already encountered it. Not a great amount on there at the moment but might be worth a punt for listing anything specific you are after.

Also providing your location and/or country may help readers to provide you with more specific local places if any exist.

Buena suerte with your search.
Mig.

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
We have found high quality technical wear at local thrift shops, just last week we purchased an EMS vest and a windbreaker (both in like new condition) for a total of $5. at a Goodwill store. People either outgrow it, give up hiking, or just can't bother to return items that don't fit right. My partner has been having a difficult time getting just the right shoes for our camino and I found a pair of trail runners (again, like new ... very important for shoes) that seem to work perfectly for her (and they only cost $4) at a church-run thrift store. We continue to accumulate and refine our equipment and what doesn't work for us we donate back so that someone else can benefit.

Some things can be bought used; like a backpack, raincoat or walking stick. I'm a little wary of buying my clothes at Goodwill (return policy, defective clothes, standards of "clean"). Since I'm a bit on the "big and tall" side, I will purchase my entire kit new (especially the boots, WIDE feet). If anyone knows of reliable merchants that sell hiking gear for the Big and Tall set, it would be much appreciated.

De Colores y Buen Camino!
8) WanderingChristian :arrow:

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum