• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Used Equipment: Where to buy?

ccromero

I will be walking the camino this May. I was wandering, does anyone know of a good place to buy used equipment? I am trying to make my walk as frugal as possible.

Thanks.

Carlos

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Welcome Carlos,
To answer your question it would be helpful to know if you are in Europe or another continent.
Buen Camino

Hi Carlos,

Well there is a Gear For Sale/Gear Needed section on this forum, if you haven't already encountered it. Not a great amount on there at the moment but might be worth a punt for listing anything specific you are after.

Also providing your location and/or country may help readers to provide you with more specific local places if any exist.

Buena suerte with your search.
Mig.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
We have found high quality technical wear at local thrift shops, just last week we purchased an EMS vest and a windbreaker (both in like new condition) for a total of $5. at a Goodwill store. People either outgrow it, give up hiking, or just can't bother to return items that don't fit right. My partner has been having a difficult time getting just the right shoes for our camino and I found a pair of trail runners (again, like new ... very important for shoes) that seem to work perfectly for her (and they only cost $4) at a church-run thrift store. We continue to accumulate and refine our equipment and what doesn't work for us we donate back so that someone else can benefit.

Some things can be bought used; like a backpack, raincoat or walking stick. I'm a little wary of buying my clothes at Goodwill (return policy, defective clothes, standards of "clean"). Since I'm a bit on the "big and tall" side, I will purchase my entire kit new (especially the boots, WIDE feet). If anyone knows of reliable merchants that sell hiking gear for the Big and Tall set, it would be much appreciated.

De Colores y Buen Camino!
8) WanderingChristian :arrow:

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

I have just boarded an Iberia flight to Madrid, and so far have seen two people come on with collapsed poles attached to their backpacks. The topic that never dies……
The standard response to what to do when you get bed bugs, is to wash and dry everything at 60 degrees. But if you do that to your silk sleeping bag liner or your merino socks or t shirts or down...
I will do the Camino Frances from mid June to mid July and will start in Pamplona. Should I take a fleece/cold weather garment?
Hey all! Having rabbit holed many, many packing lists, I'd love y'alls feedback on my packing list - https://lighterpack.com/r/p6hm36 For context, I'm 49, medium experienced hiker, weigh 200lbs...
Does anyone have experience with the Patagonia Cool Daily long sleeve hoody on the Camino? Last summer on the Norte I wore the REI Sahara long sleeve t-shirt and while I liked it I found it a bit...
The new "Experience" line from Altra looks interesting. Has anybody tried them yet? I will order a pair of Altra Experience Wild and report back after some day hikes. They have the traditional...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.