• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

LIVE from the Camino Valcarlos

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
To reserve the Valcarlos municipal albergue see
http://www.luzaide-valcarlos.net/.

When you arrive at 'the center' of Valcarlos by the church and in front of the municipal offices you will see a large sign for the albergue. In the municipal building go upstairs to the Secretary's office to obtain the digicode to open and enter the nearby albergue door. The hospitalero comes by about 6pm.

Do be aware that from Valcarlos upto Roncesvalles there are no services nor water. Be prepared!

We received the code from the bar/supermarket. New schedule for the hospitalero says 1900 and 2100. It is 2000 and no one yet.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I can attest to that. On my first Camino in July of 2013 I walked the ValCarlos route. I did not know there was no more water from that point and by the time I was near Roncesvalles I was very, very thirsty. So thirsty that I drank from a fountain marked "non potable" that is a few kilometers from Roncesvalles. I was so thirsty I didn't care. I did not suffer any ill effects but I don't recommend it.

Most read last week in this forum