• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Vancouver/Lower Mainland Camino Meeting-February 16/13

cecelia

Wandering for the love and growth of it
Time of past OR future Camino
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS FOR LAST YEAR'S MEETING. I EXPECT THIS YEAR'S MEETING TO BE ON FEB.23RD BUT THE MEETING LOCATION IS NOT YET CONFIRMED.THX Cecelia
To anyone in BC who is interested:
We finally have a date and place for our next camino meeting as sponsored by the Canadian Company of Pilgrims. It is as follows:
Date: Saturday, Feb. 16th
Time: 1:00 to 3:00 pm
Place: Renfrew Public Library
Address: 2969 E 22nd Ave, Vancouver, British Columbia V5M 2Y3

This meeting is for those interested in walking one of the Camino to Santiago in Spain - both past, present and future walkers. The main purpose of the meeting is to answer any questions that new 'pilgrims' or walkers may have.
Topics include: short talk from Pat and Ian about their caminos
Backpacks: and how they should be fitted. Past walkers, if it's convenient, please bring your backpack (packed or unpacked). and your favourite camino story.
*Lots of time for questions, facts, opinions and information sharing.
Come and bring a friend if you wish.

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Thanks for this information! I'll be there, along with my father, whom I walked with in 2011.
See you there!

cecelia said:
We finally have a date and place for our next camino meeting as sponsored by the Canadian Company of Pilgrims. It is as follows:

This meeting is for those interested in walking one of the Camino to Santiago in Spain - both past, present and future walkers. The main purpose of the meeting is to answer any questions that new 'pilgrims' or walkers may have.
Backpacks: and how they should be fitted. Past walkers, if it's convenient, please bring your backpack (packed or unpacked). and your favourite camino story.

Thank you Cecelia, I will be there, hopefully my wife (Sandra) will be able to make it as we'll. Can I assist with anything? Brent

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thank you for letting us know. I will be there.

Less than 2 months before I leave!

Glen

Brent said:
"Can I assist with anything?"
Hi Brent, I'm sure you can. There are always chairs to put up and take down and a variety of other last minute things to do - so if you and Sandra get there a few minutes early we'll definitely put you to work. Thanks for the offer.
Lindseh,
I'm looking forward to meeting you and your father. You can definitely answer questions about what it's like to walk with others-especially family! I'm going to take a look at your vlog when I get a chance.
Glen - less than two months - that's exciting! It's about the same for me.
See you all there.
Austin - thanks very much for getting the notices and followup done so quickly.
Cecelia

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Hi Cecelia
I am trying to get in touch with two Canadians from Vancouver whom I met on the Camino between Sarria and Santiago de Compostela in June 2010. I came across your thread and thought it might be worth a try and that someone in your group may know them. They were sister-in-law and brother-in-law and were called Julie and Robert. I have no surnames.

Michael A. Nolan
SCOTLAND

Hi Michael, I don't know them personally but I'll put it out to the group and see if anyone does. We're having a meeting this February as well so I'll be in touch with the group very soon.
Regards
Cecelia

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.