• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Variant: Nájera to San Millán de la Cogolla to Sto. Domingo de la Calzada

Darby67

Enólogo caminando
Time of past OR future Camino
2018 CF Jan-Feb
2019 CF Jan-Mar
Cheers all,

For those that enjoy watching Alvaro Lazaga Busto or have an interest in going to San Millán or don’t yet know they have an interest yet. Home to Monasterio de San Millán de Yuso and Monasterio de San Millán de Suso.

He posted a video of the trail. Looks like a nice route for those that want to take a day to see this exceptional site. Looks like tomorrow he is planning to walk to Grañon from there, skipping Santo Domingo de la Calzada or perhaps just walking through.

Last edited:
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I recently posted the same info on a more general thread about Francés variants. Great minds think alike. I am not going to merge the threads because I think a separate thread will call more attention to the Yuso/Suso option. Which looks WONDERFUL.

On my post, I also added GPS tracks for anyone who might be tempted, though it does look like it is well marked. And some info on tomorrow’s walk, which he will take to Grañon, but which could also end in Santo Domingo de la Calzada.

Please feel free to merge, I missed your earlier post. The GPS tracks were my next bit or research for the route…so my research has ended…thank you!!!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Today’s video was as I understood the route, blacktop until getting back on the CF outside of Sto Domingo. Not nearly as superb looking as the route to San Millán. I was hoping we would get to see some slick trail, but still a pretty walk.

Most read last week in this forum