• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Via Augusta - Apr '23

Kev&Kath

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances - Oct/Dec 2021
VdlP - Apr/Jun 2023
My wife and I walked the Via Augusta in April this year...walking out of Cadiz on Good Friday. We thought this was an excellent path and fantastic 'warm up' for our push up VdlP and Camino Sanabres. Highlights were definitely a couple of days in Cadiz (getting on time...and the walk out of Cadiz), El Puerto de Santa Maria and Jerez de la Frontera. Would definitely look to repeat this walk at some future time.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
My wife and I walked the Via Augusta in April this year...walking out of Cadiz on Good Friday. We thought this was an excellent path and fantastic 'warm up' for our push up VdlP and Camino Sanabres. Highlights were definitely a couple of days in Cadiz (getting on time...and the walk out of Cadiz), El Puerto de Santa Maria and Jerez de la Frontera. Would definitely look to repeat this walk at some future time.
I have looked at this route as an extension from starting in Algeciras/Gibraltar and following the coastal Camino, before starting VdlP in Seville.
However I am now considering starting in Huelva along the Camino del Sur to Zafra and bypassing Seville. Then continuing along the VdlP. Mainly because I get better direct flight connections from where I live in the UK with easy bus connections to my Camino Start and end points.

Thank you for sharing.
I was considering this last year as a start to the VDLP, but couldn’t find enough information to support me as a solo older walker, so started in Sevilla.
It’s been good to hear from others completing this Camino. 🙏

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
We were going to do this walk in the fall but ultimately decided to walk the Via Serrana from La Linea de la Concepcion to Sevilla, then on to SdC. Would love more details and photos, if you have them, of the Via Augusta. Congratulations on your pilgrimage.

Hi Kev & Kath,
I'm planning to walk Via Augusta in March next year. I have no problem with long stages and I prefer the quieter paths. I haven't been able to find many albergues. (I have just contacted the amigos for suggestions) Did you have to use hotels/pensiones a lot?
Thanks,
Digger

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi Kev & Kath,
I'm planning to walk Via Augusta in March next year. I have no problem with long stages and I prefer the quieter paths. I haven't been able to find many albergues. (I have just contacted the amigos for suggestions) Did you have to use hotels/pensiones a lot?
Thanks,
Digger
Digger...yep...hotels and an AirBnB coming out of Seville to San Fernando (Day 1 for us was a short hop). We walked the Via Augusta during Semana Santa, and it was a challenge getting accommodation at that time. I didn't see albergues on this route. That aside, my wife and I would walk this path again in a heartbeat. Good luck and enjoy your planning phase...Buen Camino!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.