• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Via Francigena - From Geneva to Aigle

Coverbid

Time of past OR future Camino
June-July 2021Toledo, Sp; Lourdes, Fr; Del Norte
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland and further to Italy. My question is regarding the accommodations and services available. Am I likely to find a path to walk and hostels available as well? If I take a train for a short distance from the airport which town could I start my walk from after I leave the airport area? Just looking for help to find out if this is a foolish attempt or would I find this an appealing alternative to the north side? I do not speak French...Thank you so much.
Mike

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland and further to Italy. My question is regarding the accommodations and services available. Am I likely to find a path to walk and hostels available as well? .....
Bonjour @Coverbid
One possibility is to walk the GRP Littoral du LĂ©man from Chens-Sur-Leman to St Gindolph (See pdf attached). Then find another walk from there to Aigle.

With regards to accommodation, here is a link to a website listing all the refuges and gîtes d'ètape (hostals) in France; and a link to camping sites along the lake.

To make things simpler you might even book a walking tour with accommodation provided. That might be a way to go, too.

Happy planning!
Lovingkindness

Attachments

• GRP+du+littoral-itinrance.pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Go to map.cz.Put in you start and destination and select the hiking option and it will show you routes. You can wall from the airport….
Hi, Thank you for replying. R u sure it is map.cz? this takes me to an interior design webpage. Thanks, Mike

You could try OpenStreetMap. Use the Topo addition and then put in your starting point (Geneva Airport) and then Aigle. Shows a route along the shore (Littoral du LĂ©man) There is a section where you are expected either to take a ferry or walk on water. Click on link.

Edit: If you are up for it, there is a high level route (Balcon du LĂ©man). You'd have to take your accommodation with you.

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum

Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.