• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Via Tolosana Footware

johnnyk66

Time of past OR future Camino
Le Puy (2012) Primitivo (Sep 2014) Finisterre (2014) Frances (2015) Via Gebennenis (2016)
Hi All, I am planning to start late April in Toulouse and walk to Puente la Reina. Can anybody who has walked this route in recent years advise if walking boots are required or will I be oh with good walking shoes.
Regards

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi, I walked that great route in October and November last year. I was happy to have my light hiking boots, especially after Oloron Ste Marie thru the Somport and on the Camino Aragon. Enjoy!

It's a wonderful path @johnnyk66 I've only ever worn hiking shoes so I can't comment about boots, but I had no problem with my shoes on the Arles / Aragones way. But they were Salomon with a thick and robust tread, not lightweight trail runners. Footwear is such an individual thing - and I guess it depends what you're used to. Good luck with your preparations. Enjoy.

PS I just noticed the other caminos you've walked, If you had no problem with hiking shoes on the Le Puy, Primitivo, I don't think you would have any issues with them on the Arles / Aragones.

Last edited by a moderator:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum