• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Video of my walk from Leon to Santiago: June 2012

CatherineAnn

CF summer 2016
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2012)
Camino Frances (2016)
My sister and I walked Frances the middle of June with mostly beautiful weather and no blisters. We took it slow on the advice of forum members. When I walk again, (yes I am hooked), I will take only a silk liner and a day pack. I borrowed a pack and it weighed almost 4 pounds empty. If you are overweight, the weight of the pack takes on major significance and the lighter the better.

CatherineAnn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXzzHH0G ... r_embedded

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Thank you so much CatherineAnn for your beautiful video...i've butterflies in my stomach thinking about my first camino in a few weeks time!
Happy planning for your next camino!
Aine

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Beautiful video, thank you for sharing.

Beautiful! I was walking this section in June this year also, and loved all the memories your video brought me. You have inspired me to do something with my own photos on YouTube, while it rains outside!
Margaret

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Thanks for the compliments. I love making movies!

Yes, Margaret make a video and post it on youTube, I would love to see it.

CatherineAnn

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
CatherineAnn,
I am putting together a blog site for our trip. Something for our family and friends here in the States to visit and to keep up with us.
I have a page with links to information and some of our favorite web sites. I hope you do not mind, but I want to link or embed your video on as one of our favorites.

Buddy and Beth
Tampa, Fl

Wow! Great video CatherineAnn! I sent you an e-mail yesterday to see how your Camino went then saw this video today. Looks like it was wonderful. I'm so happy for you!

Wow, thank you. Can't wait for September 2014. That's when I will retire from my job and head out to walk the Camino. Still not sure if I will start in France or in Leon. Time (and my aching hip) will tell.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Wauw, that brought back a lot of memories! I walked April 2011. I will go back in 2014. Great video, with beautiful scenery! Thank you so much for sharing. I enjoyed it!

Thank you so much for sharing! My family and I did the walk starting from O'Cebreiro this past June, so much of your footage was familiar. Frankly, I became very emotional watching it, much more that when I look at my pictures. Before I watched your video I kept wondering if I would even want to repeat the same segment. Now I know I would love to do so.

So inspiring for those of us planning their first Camino! Thank you so much for posting it.

thom

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Very nice. It brings back many memories for me, some good some not so good. I walked at a difficult point in my life and it will stay with me forever.
Thank you so much, your work is lovely.

this is such a marvelous video you have made...I never did aquire the skills to put my photos together so really appreciate yours, and the wonderful music interupted by natural sounds,,,well I must admit that I cried! through it all, and what great motivation for me, a few weeks away from returning!

Most read last week in this forum

Crazy! That is what we were told by others when we decided to walk 500+ miles with two of our children across the top of Spain. We got a little nervous in the weeks leading up to the flight that...
I was lucky enough to chat with Bill Bennett yesterday about his new movie The Way My Way. Bill is the Writer and Director and the movie is a true story of his first Camino in 2013. He's been...
Am doing a vlog on the Plata which I thought I'd share! Started off with three nights in Seville for the Fería de Abril (video 1), and joined by my cousin from Vancouver. Currently on Day 3...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back