• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Video: Lisbon - Porto - Santiago - Finisterre (9min)

Madis

Time of past OR future Camino
Via de la Plata, Mar/Apr 2024
Just a few days ago I finished my first Camino video. That one was about Camino Frances. The first Camino got me addicted. Two years later I was back on the Camino - this time I started walking from Lisbon.

For the second video I added also daily walking information and 1+ ideas from my blog journal to describe the day. I hope it motivates people to try also other trails. Statistically Porto to Santiago has become really popular recently.

I definitely want to go back one day and do the Central Route from Porto as well.

Here is my video:

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Thank you. I have walked from Lisbon but not the coastal route. Lovely video.
You walked some very long daily distances. No wonder your feet and body hurt a bit.
Congratulations and Buen Camino ❤️

My husband and I will be walking this route in April. Seeing your video made us even more excited than we already are. Thanks for sharing your journey with us and everyone.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Thank you. I have walked from Lisbon but not the coastal route. Lovely video.
You walked some very long daily distances. No wonder your feet and body hurt a bit.
Congratulations and Buen Camino ❤️
Thanks Rita! It was my shortest average daily distance Camino so far. Even on the Norte I walked more daily.

I think the main issue for Portugues was that I picked waterproof hiking shoes to walk in. I should have worn super breathable sneakers for the walk from Lisbon.

These days I am doing a lot more research to have my shoes & socks match better the terrain and weather.

My husband and I will be walking this route in April. Seeing your video made us even more excited than we already are. Thanks for sharing your journey with us and everyone.
I hope you will have a great experience with Portugual! Just be prepared that there are almost no pilgrims before Porto and all of Portugal has mostly hard surface walking.

Most read last week in this forum

Crazy! That is what we were told by others when we decided to walk 500+ miles with two of our children across the top of Spain. We got a little nervous in the weeks leading up to the flight that...
I was lucky enough to chat with Bill Bennett yesterday about his new movie The Way My Way. Bill is the Writer and Director and the movie is a true story of his first Camino in 2013. He's been...
👣 Ever wandered what it is like to take an 11 and 14 year old on the Camino Frances? We can tell you, it is an amazing experience that you will be talking about for time to come! We managed to...
Am doing a vlog on the Plata which I thought I'd share! Started off with three nights in Seville for the Fería de Abril (video 1), and joined by my cousin from Vancouver. Currently on Day 3...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back